design your own controller with your own pic

Icetrash said:
No i disagree cause what about righties as well playing with the PS controller they have to still use their left hand to use the D-Pad. This is such a stupid arguement cause all controllers are both left and right! If your one you'll be disadvantaged somehow even with the nunchuck you can argue "ohhh i have to use my non-dominant hand to use the analog stick ohhhhh" cant you see both left and right handed gets screwed either way? Then that makes you dumb if you cant.
Huh? The PS controller didn't benefit leftys!? All the console controllers I've ever seen have the d-pad on the left, which means your using your left hand for movement and maybe shooting a secondary weapon and your right hand for everything else, a.k.a. shooting, jumping, dodging, looking, firing the main weapon, etc.

The wiimote/nunchuk can be used easily by both leftys and rightys because it's two seperate pieces, so a lefty would hold the wiimote (which controls almost everything, like looking, shooting, jumping, map usage, etc.) in their left and nunchuk (which is used for basic movement and maybe some dodging) in their right hand and vice versa for rightys.

The only other controller that has this functionality is the mouse/keyboard setup for the PC and maybe the DS, but no console has ever had a right-left-hand friendly controller before.

NATE!! MAKE A BWii (battalion wars 2) REMOTE, I KNOW THERES FEW PICS OF IT BUT YOU GOTSTAAAA

Alright, but first I've got to make a DK-themed wiimote because I promissed that a while ago. However, I haven't started on it quite yet and I can't tonight because I already have a bunch of homework from school which I want to finish tonight so I can have Sunday completly free. Good suggestion and I'll see what I can do, Sovieto.:)

for now, im only gonna describe my Wii-mote...just like that earlier post with Sonic, sonic will b much smaller and on the left side of the center of the wii-mote and shadow on the other side with his arms crossed...knuckles, Tails, Rouge and Eggman will b occupying the corners; Just Below the directional pad, the Sonic logo will reside:yesnod: on the BACK of the Wiimote, Naruto will b in the middle of the wii-mote with Sakura to his left and Sasuke to his right...Kakashi will b just behind the three of them standing all cool directly behind naruto...Sakura will have one eye winked and her hands behind her back while sasuke will just stare forward, his hands by his side...Naruto will have both of his fists in the air with a cool smile...on the top, the Naruto logo will reside...

im gonna think up a Final Fantasy Wii-mote, and i know just how its gonna look but its too much to explain while typing...so ill consider making it later...altho its virtually impossible to get these specifically customized Wii-motes, it would b AWESOME to have them and hte way u want it :yesnod:

I know this thread sorta died, but I'm new, so you can't hold me accountable for ressurecting old threads. :lol:

Ok, so I had a go with the classic controller. This is what I got:

I'm a fan of the marios, and the classic controller shell. In my opinion, they go well together. Peach could probably have gone somewhere else.

this is a good thread like others there can all be reserected there is no reason for them to go btw flip good job

Thanks guys.

And NateTheGreat, sorry I'm such a dissapointment to you, sig-wise :sick: . I'll definately try harder next time. :wink:

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to be rude, just saying I like signatures that are more custom made, rather than just a picture with photoshop effects behind it.

Keep up the good work on the controller mock-ups.:)

Ehehe, that is custom made. I took 4 different pictures of a model, and photoshopped them together, with scanlines behind it. It wasnt that easy, since most of them had stuff behind them, which is a lot harder to cut out than a simple white background. Hope that clears things up :).

And thank you :).

Last edited:
Here's the Samus-Wii. It's pretty crude, but I didn't want to get into the small little details of fixing the controller or putting a lot of perspective on the images on the side of the Wii. I like it anyway :).

Back