Detailed Wii Set-Up Tutorial

Link_of_Hyrule

Unofficial WiiChat Helper
Jul 20, 2006
Athens, AL
Wii Online Code
7114-5214-3386-2022
Detailed Wii Set-Up Tutorial 2.0 (New Q and A)

I made this for all the special people here at Wii Chat it shows you where you connect all the wires and what not! Please post what you think and any additions you may have!

newwiisetupremakeyg8.png

EDIT:

Q & A:

Q: Is this picture that i want to post a mockup?
A: if you want to check if a picture is real make sure its not on this mock up list http://www.4colorrebellion.com/revolution-controller-mockups/ that doesn't mean its real it just means its not one of the known mockups. There are others not on the list but that is most of them

Q: What are the output options for Wii?
A: The output options are the following.

p_avcable.jpg

Regular Audio/Video RCA cable output

p_s_cable.jpg

S-Video Cable output

p_d_avcable.jpg

D Terminal output (i'm not sure what this is but it looks like maybe hook up to a pc monitor?)

p_component.jpg

Component cable output

Q: Will Ethernet USB adapter and Cat 5 cable come with the Wii?
A: The USB adapter will be sold separately for about $25. I recommend that you get the wireless adapter then you can use it with your ds.

p_lan_adapter.jpg

Q: Will Wii work on with projectors?
A: Because Wii uses a sensor bar instead other methods of motion detection it will indeed work with a projector you just need to connect it into the a/v ports on the back and run wiis setup like you would on any normal tv.

Q: Does Wii have wireless built in?
A: YES!

Q: Does the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector work with the Wii?
A: Yes

Q: Do i need a wireless router or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to use Wii's online features?
A: No you can purchase the USB Ethernet adapter that plugs in the back of the wii. But you need a hub or router to connect to the internet with the adapter unless you connect directly to your modem or use a cross over cable with complicated pc set up. I would suggest you get the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connectorits alot easier to use and works with your ds too!

Q: Does Wii's online features work on dial up?
A: No it is recommended that you have a dsl or cable connection or better.

Q: Do I need to be online for my Wii to work?
A: No but alot of the features will not work if your not.

Q: How do i set up my router to work with my Wii?
A: You can find instuctions for set up here at www.NintendoWi-Fi.com

Q: If I own a wireless router or the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector do i need the Ethernet USB adapter and CAT 5 cable?
A: No because that would make it a wired network lol.

Last edited:
Thanks alot i didn't want to be mean but i just want to smack some of the people on here cus of what they ask so i made this so were all happy and educated when it comes to Wii hardware set up. It took me a bit to find all the images but it works 'm going to update the image tommorow based on a few things i forgot mainly NWC USB adapter and Cable modem uplink stuff like that and anything else people can tell me about the set up

yeah thanks i knew this srtuff but i think it will clear up alot of people going how do i connect will it come with cables all the stuff well yeah good work

Same lead for tv so thats not gona change

See my new Q and A section in my first post! :)

If there are any more questions ask and i will add them to the Q and A!

Last edited:
yeh i would think so but you never know nintendo may make the wii only accept nintendo signed drivers

Q: Does Wii's online features work on dial up?
A: No you need a dsl or cable connection or better.

How do you know this? It is probably possible. Even if Nintendo doesn't want you to you can just run the ethernet cable to your computer and make a network between your Wii and your computer. Thats what I do with my 360.

That's a somewhat nice diagram, but I would suggest seperating the wired and wireless set-ups so it's easier to understand. I would also lable the CAT-5 cable as an ethernet-crossover cable or just as ethernet because not everyone knows what CAT-5 is. Also, perhaps change the font style; hard to read some of the words.

Good job.

Back