Detailed Wii Set-Up Tutorial

That's excellent LoH! I was about to post asking for a picture of the back of the Wii but now i got one :p.

This strays a little from the topic. But instead of buying a wireless router (which i don't have just yet) could i buy a single wireless connecter that plugs into the back of one of the router network plugs? I'd say i will buy a wireless router but still maybe before i can afford that this would be nice.

And the Wii has wireless built in! Yay! lol. Does the 360 and PS3 have this also?

Wilko21 said:
That's excellent LoH! I was about to post asking for a picture of the back of the Wii but now i got one :p.

This strays a little from the topic. But instead of buying a wireless router (which i don't have just yet) could i buy a single wireless connecter that plugs into the back of one of the router network plugs?
I'd say i will buy a wireless router but still maybe before i can afford that this would be nice.
If you mean a Wifi USB adapter thing, like what is sold for the DS, then you would connect it to one of your PC's usb ports and as long as that computer is on and has internet access, that will work quite well. You can also get a usb/ethernet cord that will allow you to plug Wii into the back of your modem, but then your PC wouldn't have internet access.

u must have decent time in ya hands, but been offline with the wii doesn't take off ALOT of features man, what u talking about? if anything it would took SOME not ALOT....nice tho, i mean for nOObs, bcuz damn, its pretty self explanatory

paintba||er said:
How do you know this? It is probably possible. Even if Nintendo doesn't want you to you can just run the ethernet cable to your computer and make a network between your Wii and your computer. Thats what I do with my 360.

Nintendo has stated that you must be on dsl or cable on the nintendo wi-fi website www.nintendowi-fi.com

Updated Tutorial Picture with additions and i also rearanged it and changed texts.

Last edited:
i need more questions to add to the Q and A anyone have any?

also making this topic a sticky would be a good idea

spiketmr said:
they probably will work
Ever tried to use one of those on a console? Chances are they won't work, and I have been posting that there will be no such adapter (I figured it would use the DS wireless one), until I watched the video of the US press conference when Reggie said that there would be a wired option. However, there were no specifics given.

they already said it would be a wireless ethernet adapter like the one i used as an example but i personaly would rather use the wireless adapter but i have a wireless router so i don't need eather

EDIT:

MOD please make this a sticky if possible ::smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Umm did i mentiuon that one thing or two is wrong, 1 I don't think ethernet cables will work. Only Very fast wireless internet or USB Lan 2.0
Other is that the nintendo wifi USB connector wont work with the wii

Wii will be able to connect to the Internet through its built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and through a USB-to-Ethernet adaptor, with both methods allowing players to access the established Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service. Nintendo has stated that Wii will implement standard Wi-Fi protocols. Just as for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo will not charge fees for playing via the service and the Friend Code system will control how players connect to one another. The service will have several unique features for the Wii, such as the Virtual Console, WiiConnect24 and the Wii Browser. Wii also can communicate and connect with other Wii systems by wireless LAN, enabling local wireless multiplayer on different television sets. Battalion Wars 2 first demonstrated this feature, for non-split screen multiplayer between two or more televisions. Nintendo has announced two Wi-Fi enabled games at LGC 2006 in Leipzig: Mario Strikers Charged, and Battalion Wars 2. Although the Wii features an online mode, Nintendo hasn't provided the programming tools for 3rd party developers yet, meaning that only first party Wii games will be online, at least in 2006.

Explain to me why the adapter made by Nintendo for the Wii and DS won't work for the Wii? Thats like saying my router will let my palm pilot connect to the internet but not my pentium 4 pc. Just to tell you I have alot of free time when i'm not working and I like to spend it studying every aspect of the wii before i buy it to make sure i am making the right choice in buying it.

Last edited:
Flip said:
It's such an ugly back. Probably because it's just plain flat, but it really does make it look bad :\.

No... It Looks Ugly Cause It's Up Close... Remember How Small The WIi Is?

Just Think On That FOr A While!:crazy:

i probly going to make a whole new diagram again using a new wii picture

Back