Devil May Cry 4 for Wii, not happening

T3kNi9e said:
Lol o_O Wii technology won't fix most of those because MGS4, Bioshock, Gears 1/2 are all exclusive titles. Thats like giving 360/PS3 mario games.

But I guess it would have gotten the rest on the Wii. Can't really complain though since you did buy a console thats cheaper than the rest.

So true! Thats why I got a PC... now if metal gear pops on the PC that would be so funny. Also Mario would not sell on the 360/PS3 because it would not use all of the tech. That is the main selling point of most HD games.

I think he is getting at the fact thaT THIS GAME WAS FINE ON THE UGLY ps2 YET NOW IT'S NOT OK Which is sort of lame because they actually left half their audience on the PS2 with out a new game due to the price of the PS3. So this could actually end up killing franchises like the very one mentioned.

Yet it did sale 2 million copies and yes capcom is treating the xbox and PS3 as the same platform now it seems.

Last edited:
highroller said:
What makes me angry is not this game, or people trying to be English teachers. It is the third party developers that release games without all of it's features in the Wii.

Graphics will have a lower resolutions for the nature of the Wii, but it is not an excuse to take content off, or take online capabilities, or "season mode" (Are you reading EA Sports?) or games like WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 that sucks.

I hope this year, third party developers start doing better games for us (Wii), and even if the Wii has a lower graphic resolution to give us full games like in the other consoles.

Yeah this is a serious problem and brawl is an excellent way to illustrate why the Wii needs more features. Some thing has to make up for all of the graphics differences. Okus that would make the game a lot more fun which is what the Wii is about.

1liter said:
I must say i am kinda disapointed that DMC4 wont come out for the wii. I have PS2 and a wii...and thats all i plan on having for a while, but i sure would have loved to play DMC4, my brother has a 360 so i may just buy it for that and spend a week at his house, then just give him the game when im done...we'll see.

Seriously get it if you like it.

Sorry for all the post but a post this huge would be crazy.

Sovieto said:
you do know developers see their games as works of art, right?

this is usually a reason as to why they don't bother making a downgraded version, unless the publisher forces them to do so. Or a different developer making it, like Ghostbusters and I think Star Wars: Unleashed.

Your sorta right and wrong here. there is no solution for normal mapping with hi end textures on the Wii yet. You have to redo what already looks good on the HD system. Believe me normal maps makes graphics fun again. Sculpting with a set polygon count is a very hard thing to do some for some people. If you look at most concept art these days you will see how these guys arn't even thinking about how this stuff is going to look in game at low polygon counts because they currently don't have to.

Different games work better on different consoles. For example, Super Mario Galaxy (even though it would not happen) would not work well with the PS3 or Xbox 360 controller, whereas it feels perfect when using the Wii controller. Just like that, Devil May Cry 4 is better on PS3 and Xbox 360 than it would be on the Wii.

big deal. let them have it. just as long as we have brawl we're complete and ready to go

Not bothered, but I disagree with the guys controls comment.

Back