DMC4 not exclusive

That's a HUGE blow to Sony right there....I know tons of people were banking on this one being PS3 exclusive but yeah. With rumors of MGS4 not being exclusive, all that's really left are Ratchet and Jak. Not looking good.

God, I was on IGN for 2 hours straight almost talking nothing but DMC4. This caused a small uproar, guys. The Sony fan(boys) had to go on massive damage control while the Xbox fanboys are pissing their pants and laughing at Sony. Yep, "we should not be surprised". "DMC4 isn't that great of a game anyway". "The PS3 still pwns the Xbox360".

IMHO, Sony needs all of the exclusives it can get for the PS3. How else can it justify the price when a stand-alone BR player's price is being cut to $600? DMC4 going multiconsole is the last thing Sony needs. One less reason to get a PS3 and one more to get a Wii60!

Yeah, along with that other game if it was ever a Playstation exclusive, Ace Combat.

Good news, but I always had this feeling that it would make an appearance on the Xbox 360, and no...this wasn't the fanboy in me wishing for it. The interviews, some rumors that had some backing, and just the way they went about it caused me to think it wasn't much of an exclusive in the first place.

I hear rumors that Ace Combat 6 is exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform...this coupled with the Devil May Cry 4 adds some credibility to some of the more outlandish rumo's like Metal Gear Solid 4. Anyone here remember that marketing stunt?

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
(waits for ShiftFallOut & Wii&PS3's replies)

*Sits in the dark grinning like Midna from Twilight Princess while ALSO waiting for Shift and Wii&PS3*

This is classic. I mean really all we need to hear now is that for the FIRST time ever Final Fantasy will appear on ALL 2 consoles plus the cheaper computer machine as well as PC. I'd LOVE to see all these PS3 fanboys react to that newsbit IF (and yes granted it is a HUGE if) and when that ever happens. The way things are shaping up though what company wouldn't want to make a piece of the huge amounts of money that Nintendo and Microsoft are STILL raking in? I mean honestly you've got a system that has a 1-1.5 million owners versus around 15 MILLION Wii and 360 owners combined! And yeah we can factor in a few million who will prob buy a PS3 just for FF13 when its finally released but it won't make up that huge deficit. But imagine if it were announced that its coming out for the Wii or even the XBox 360!? Even more people would buy it. Talk about mass panic. So I honestly won't be very surprised if Square Enix follows suit and makes a similar yet very profound move with Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
Wow. That was actually one title that could have potentially interested me in the PS3. If Squareenix says that Final Fantasy XIII will be multiplatform, Threre is no chance I will even consider picking one up.

Just a pity Capcom isn't jumping on the Wii bandwagon with this one. Still, they could always re-release and update the original 3 to the Wii, so long as they added significant extra content and such, and potentially better graphics...

even RE5 is not going to be PS3 exclusive is coming for the 360 too thats a low blow for sony

Even Final Fantasy is going to have some series on XBOX 360, and if Snake is in a Nintendo game (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) there will be some Metal Gear Solid series in Wii too, so you can imagin that ps2 exclusives like Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid are becoming not exclusives.

This games are the reason to buy the ps3 but since they will be released in the other consoles that most of us probably have (Wii and XBOX 360) I think that for now its not necessary to buy a ps3, but just for now.

RedProdigy said:
God, I was on IGN for 2 hours straight almost talking nothing but DMC4. This caused a small uproar, guys. The Sony fan(boys) had to go on massive damage control while the Xbox fanboys are pissing their pants and laughing at Sony. Yep, "we should not be surprised". "DMC4 isn't that great of a game anyway". "The PS3 still pwns the Xbox360".

IMHO, Sony needs all of the exclusives it can get for the PS3. How else can it justify the price when a stand-alone BR player's price is being cut to $600? DMC4 going multiconsole is the last thing Sony needs. One less reason to get a PS3 and one more to get a Wii60!
ever stop and think that if ps3 dies, it will be a war against the 360 and the wii?

Well... Never played any of the other Devil May Crys.. but heard they was all good.. I honestly dont care what system it comes out on.. I have all 3 Machines.. So any excluses that are good I will get anyway..

I still carnt see the PS3 being a total flop.. I mean PS2.. carnt say they had the greatest games but still sold .. however many million they did.. then Slimeline version an sold so many million more lol.. so Eh..

Sony will never die... But.. it does Bump the 360 slightly higher in the league if all the exclusives are now Multi..

Ok let's recap Resident Evil. The creator of Resident Evil was furious at the lack of power the PS2 had when he considered making it for the PS2. It's out there somewhere, the creator rants on about his hatred for the PS2. Not a pretty moment. Now flash forward to Resident Evil 5. Same problems. So they pull the trailer. My guess? If Capcom left Sony, Konami will follow. These two companies are twins of success.

Best I could find->
http://www.gamespot.com/live/stream...&playall=0&push=0&prestream=&first=1174450749

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
ever stop and think that if ps3 dies, it will be a war against the 360 and the wii?
i thought about that. I dont really think it would be a war tho, kind like a peace. I cant really see xbox going against nintendo, they are 2 totaly different machines. Xbox already has more users anyways. Even though microsoft is a monopoly corporation, i do not think they will really try to outdo them, Kinda like Apple and Microsoft, (in the operating system sense, forget about the zune vs ipod). They dont really try to compete with eachother, and microsoft products can even be used on apple now.

sagema said:
Ok let's recap Resident Evil. The creator of Resident Evil was furious at the lack of power the PS2 had when he considered making it for the PS2. It's out there somewhere, the creator rants on about his hatred for the PS2. Not a pretty moment. Now flash forward to Resident Evil 5. Same problems. So they pull the trailer. My guess? If Capcom left Sony, Konami will follow. These two companies are twins of success.

Best I could find->
http://www.gamespot.com/live/stream...&playall=0&push=0&prestream=&first=1174450749
Didnt capcom already more-or-less leave sony? They created res 4 on the cube before ps2..., also RE5 will be on xbox 360 also, so , ya.

Last edited:
Back