Devil May Cry 4 for Wii, not happening

Dorkfish said:
How erotic.

Now just picture him in something sexy while he says it! :lol:

main.1197940667.jpg

T3kNi9e said:
Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle! Waggle!

:lol: :smilewinkgrin: :lol: :smilewinkgrin: :lol: :smilewinkgrin: :lol: :smilewinkgrin: :lol: :smilewinkgrin: :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

wezeles said:
Ya but for the millions of CASUAL gamers they could care less how it looks, Why do you think the waggle is winning...lol

Maybe in the Hardcore Gamers perspective this isn't the best call to make the same version just downgraded.

But in the buisness end its just a stupid idea to ignore almost 50% of the market by not downgrading it, graphics and AI wise. They are going to have to cope with the downgrade by adding extras and great implementation of the Wii-mote functions. Otherwise they might as well tighten there belts, the casual market has chosen the Wii this round, and unless they adjust to it they will be doing alot less buisness then last gen when the casual gamers picked the PS2. It's buisness at the end of the day every dollar counts, not your rep among the hardcore.
you do know developers see their games as works of art, right?

this is usually a reason as to why they don't bother making a downgraded version, unless the publisher forces them to do so. Or a different developer making it, like Ghostbusters and I think Star Wars: Unleashed.

Sovieto said:
you do know developers see their games as works of art, right?

this is usually a reason as to why they don't bother making a downgraded version, unless the publisher forces them to do so. Or a different developer making it, like Ghostbusters and I think Star Wars: Unleashed.

You know Developers don't have any say in what is made don't you? The publishers are the ones that decide what gets made and where money goes, developers just make it. Thats called a buisness, and publishers are in the buisness of making money not making games.

If I built cars for a living of course I would want to make the biggest baddest thing on the road and end up charging a quater of a million dollars for the finnished product. Although my boss would probably tell me thats a bad idea considering not enough people will buy it in the end to make up for it.

Sorry dude your in a casual gaming world They have always has been the majority of console owners, and for the first time in a while casual has gone a different direction than "hardcore opinion" and in the end hardcore doesn't have big enough pull to change that.

Buisness plain and simple do you stick with the Niche group and sell a few "ferrari's" or do you go the popular route and sell a buttload of "neon's"?

People arn't going to buy something just because its bigger and better. They buy it because its what appeals to them. In the end buisness adjust to the customer not the customer to the buisness.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
You know Developers don't have any say in what is made don't you? The publishers are the ones that decide what gets made and where money goes, developers just make it. Thats called a buisness, and publishers are in the buisness of making money not making games.

If I built cars for a living of course I would want to make the biggest baddest thing on the road and end up charging a quater of a million dollars for the finnished product. Although my boss would probably tell me thats a bad idea considering not enough people will buy it in the end to make up for it.

Sorry dude your in a casual gaming world They have always has been the majority of console owners, and for the first time in a while casual has gone a different direction than "hardcore opinion" and in the end hardcore doesn't have big enough pull to change that.

Buisness plain and simple do you stick with the Niche group and sell a few "ferrari's" or do you go the popular route and sell a buttload of "neon's"?

People arn't going to buy something just because its bigger and better. They buy it because its what appeals to them. In the end buisness adjust to the customer not the customer to the buisness.
i just read the first paragraph of your post and yeah, i already said unless the publisher says otherwise.

T3kNi9e said:
lol, wez =.=

Do you just skim through people posts without actually taking it in?

He acted as if the developers personal opinions of games and if they get downgraded makes a differance, honeslty for this style game they do not, so why even mention it? It has no impact on what does or does not get ported/multi platformed and has no impact.
Its all in what the big bucks say because they are the ones putting them out.

The nice thing is outles like Wii-ware/Xbox Live market place, they give these smaller developers a say in what games they make and sell because they don't need as much finacial backing to produce it so they don't need publishers to tell them what they can or can not do. It will be nice to see real creative games pop out without huge financial risk to the people putting it out.

wezeles said:
He acted as if the developers personal opinions of games and if they get downgraded makes a differance, honeslty for this style game they do not, so why even mention it? It has no impact on what does or does not get ported/multi platformed and has no impact.

The nice thing is outles like Wii-ware/Xbox Live market place, they give these smaller developers a say in what games they make and sell because they don't need as much finacial backing to produce it so they don't need publishers to tell them what they can or can not do. It will be nice to see real creative games pop out without huge financial risk to the people putting it out.

Actually there are many cases that the devs can be sneaky ass b****es and get away with doing other things like getting more time by purposely breaking the game or making another game using the most of the pubs money and then making a shitty game for the pubs. I love it! This is why I still wanna be a dev.

Anyways DMC4 is too hard for the Casual gamers, which will all have jumped in a magma lake by next month, I'll make sure of this, but I digress, DMC is too hard, and a few hardcore wii gamers don't deserve a wrecked easy, gimmicky motion based, AI lacking, Physics lacking, crappy graphic DMC4.

Maybe like DMC: Shitty Spin-Off for Wii.

Monsteroids said:
Actually there are many cases that the devs can be sneaky ass b****es and get away with doing other things like getting more time by purposely breaking the game or making another game using the most of the pubs money and then making a shitty game for the pubs. I love it! This is why I still wanna be a dev.

Anyways DMC4 is too hard for the Casual gamers, which will all have jumped in a magma lake by next month, I'll make sure of this, but I digress, DMC is too hard, and a few hardcore wii gamers don't deserve a wrecked easy, gimmicky motion based, AI lacking, Physics lacking, crappy graphic DMC4.

So true

Also devs can make decisions depending on who the publisher is. Some publishers value the developers opinion because they are the ones who make the game after all.

DMC4 would be ruined if it was ported to the Wii, its not even about graphics but like Monsteroids said, there's alot of different elements in gameplay.

A ported version would be ALOT like DMC1/2/3, alot more than it already is... because anyone who's played the game knows its still pretty much the same, but anything new thats been added to seperate DMC4 from the originals would be completely left out and you are left with nothing more but a carbon copy of the original games with a different story.

Monsteroids said:

True I wouldn't want them to just port these big titles eaither, Although Nintendo has as many Hardcore gamers as the other consoles It isn't going to be the hardcore sales they will need to make it worth the investment. Being hard or not isn't an issue. How many copys of GTA:SA are out on PS2 that arn't even near finnished? Loads I bet tons of kids and causal gamers pick it up and play it even if they can't beat it because of the hype of the game. When they start bring these titles to the Wii obviously they can't keep it the same as its 360/PS3 sisters, they are going to have to change it to match the Wii-mote well and add onto it to make up for lack of AI,graphics, ect.

Monsteroids said:

Ya but they still do not get to choose what games go to the market. Alot of them have side projects that they work on with the money they get invested by publishers, but these side projects still have to be picked up by a publisher before the game is ever made. Even then the publisher will decide where the game goes not the Dev. There are a bunch of great games out there right now that will never see the light of day because a publisher had a panel of its core audience look at the game and voted no on it.

Developers do not have the money to program,produce,package, and advertise there own games IF they did they would be called Publishers not Developers, and at that time they would care more about money than games and the vicious circle will continue.

Last edited:
wezeles said:

graphics? and with the wii remote, controls? like he said?

Axl16 said:
There soo many Killer games that not go to Wii.
The Hardcore Wii owners need "UNION" to increase the pressure to Nintendo and third-party publishers to make Killer Games for Wii.
We want Devil May Cry Series to Wii, Silent Hill 5 and Origins, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4 and 3, Bioshock, COD 4, Portal, Gears of War 1 and 2, Assassin Creek, and others games that only appears for XBOX360 and PS3.
Only becose the Wii not meet the hardware requeriments claims some developers!!
Noooo!!!
The Wii can do it with the correct technology, you can compare the multiplataform games for Wii, PS3 and XBOX360. I don't see much difference, with only some improved graphics the games are the same!!
The third parties can do it but they don't want put effort to Wii
Come on hardcore Wii owners, send multiple online petitions and emails to Nintendo and third parties to press the make of games that WE WANT!!!!

Yeah go and buy some VC games. Now there goes some games we need sequels too. But if no one buys them then the developers will never know other wise. Seriously DMC is just ok. The AI has always been 16 bit like. Seek player and attack or what him do a combo on you.

Back