do tv's make a big impact on the graphics?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
i have an old old mitsubishi tv in my room. i think its between 17-20ish inch.... if i got a new tv, brand new, would it look better? or pretty much the same? i would want to it to be worth it. when i play my wii downstairs ( but its usually in my room) it looks nicer.. would it be worth it?

i would spend a decent amount.... i would say its old. if i had to guess, its over 10 years old..

i think it really does, i mean, my cuzin has a tiny tv, and it sucked playin it on there, but when we went to the livin where the flat screen wuz, pretty big tv, it looked alot nicer, cuz u didnt have to squeez all those pixels into sumthin tiny

yeah.. im not sure yet..

yeah i have neither lol...

it makes a big difference if it is a EDTV or HDTV and is capable of displaying a 480p picture via Component cables. That helps a lot.

You'll also get a much better color quality on newer HD TVs, along with progressive scan support for the Component cables

maybe $150ish.. i think its about a 17-22inch, medium size. its on a plate on my wall so i am limited, but its decent size.

If I was you I would spend about 200 and buy a Sony TV or a Toshiba those are the best for normal tvs without HD I own all Sony There a lil more $ than the others but they are worth it

If your wallet aplies, i suggest getting at least a flat pannel plasma for 180-200$ 70 or 80 bucks less then the wii.(not now with the bundles and 500+ bucks) Make sure it can support at least 1080p for HD if you want cable, cuz the future is all silver and gold (and wet with global warming.) who knows mabey nintendo will finda way to do a virtual hardware update (with proper pre-corks and screws.)

LCD's your looking to pay a grand for a descent make, size and quality.

Scrimp on a crap make when it comes to LCD and the bulbs will not last as long as they use crap quality ones.

Toshiba or Sony I suggest.

Last edited:
Back