do tv's make a big impact on the graphics?

TV makes a difference, but it doesn't matter unless you get the cables. They are the most important part of video quality.

My 27" Magnavox is going out on me. I think I finally found something cheap, long lasting, and good quality picture. A 30" Samsung HD tube television

It won't look much different from the TV you have. It may only look slightly better because it will be newer. For a better picture you want to look for a TV with component video inputs (red/green/blue cables). That TV does not have it.

Any component cable will increase the resolution. At Best Buy I think the cheapest one is by React.

for the price your looking for just try to find a flat screen tube t.v. with componet imputs... shouldnt be hard just check out wallmart really for that size... it would be cheeper then best buy or circuit city for the same t.v.

if you can find one in HD even better but a good tube flat screen will last forever i have one of the first flat tube in my bedroom phillips t.v. few years old ...great picture was like 450 bucks at the time for a 28 inch... now its like 250 if that... still works great... has componet,3 composite, and an svideo input... more then enough for a personal t.v.

If you are just looking for a screen to play your Wii on that will be fine.

Jorge said:
If you are just looking for a screen to play your Wii on that will be fine.

which do u prefer???and can i use componet cables on both???

i really appreciate everyones help! Thanks :)

yeah, i dont need HD, i dont care about that too much. i rather have a tv then half monitor

computer monitor combos are nice, but being an off brand, not sure if i would trust it good price for the size money and HD, but monitors are known to burn out if left on extended times, some get bad burn in effect if they arnt higher end.. id just go with a larger tube t.v. save some cash buy some games..

That 24" sounds like your best option.

Still no one answered my question in here. What cables am I looking for?

the best the Wii can support is componet cables...

5 wires... red,green,blue for picture red white for sound..

it can also do S-video single wire 4 prong for video with red,white cable for sound

or composite yellow wire for video, red white for sound

and ontop of the format you will need to look at the quality of cable.. look for gold cables for the best quality picture and sound, your t.v. will determin what you can support. most newer t.v's will support all of these formats...

The cable question was answered on the first page.

Back