Do yourself a favor: Rent SMG before buying

I own a Wii and a 360. Several of you have repped me, multiple times. I'm no one new.

samXcor3 said:
i think he's lying! every gamestop i've ever been to only has a wii out, not controller, no playability. regardless, im getting this day one

Most Gamestops will let you play their demo system, but typically you have to hand over your drivers license so that you don't run off with the controller.

I have to agree with Spyro in regards to renting. Not just Galaxy, but really any title that perks an interest. Of course there are some we can be pretty confident Galaxy will be good no matter, however I consider renting the game first a form of "insurance", and you pay only a few bucks extra to prevent buying into a waste of money.

If you have any doubts at all about Galaxy and/or the type that would rather "be safe than sorry" it is a valid suggestion and option.

Well it's not guaranteed everyones gana like everything, I wasn't very fond of MP3 myself even after completing the whole game and everyone seemed to love that game.

The most concerning part of what you say to me is:
"-in order to do a spin attack, you cant just shake the remote...it has to be pointed at the screen."

That seems crazy and I refuse to believe it until I read it from an editor, I've watched plenty of game play videos where people are doing the spin attack and the pointer star is clearly off the screen.

Last edited:
in the interest of intelligible discussions, people are quite entitled to their own opinions. stating one's opinion, as spyro has, does not mean they are "bashing" or condemning the game in its entirety. several of you have stated that one man's opinion should not discredit an entire game. i agree with that, and also propose that you all stop bashing spyro for giving his opinion. whether or not he has other consoles is irrelevant--he owns a wii, and therefore his opinion is credible. please stop bashing the user just because he doesn't like it.

i'd hate to see how all of you would react when you find out another customer in the ice cream parlor says he detests your favorite flavor. :scared:

im getting this for xmas even though i know nothing about it, not intrested in it, or whzt its about its still gonna be good

I'll still buy it and if I don't like it I will return it :D (EB games here has 7 day return policy :yesnod: all good!)

I played the demo at gamestop saturday night and from the 10-15 mins i played i enjoyed it... i dont think you have to have the wiimote cursor on the screen to do the spin, you can do it with the nunchuck too, i thought it looked great and played great... its hard to get into a game when you have 10 mins but it was awesome. Also move the cursor and press the B button to do some star shot attack thing..its gonna be great dont worry!

Back