Does Wii Have The Guts For 18+ Games

I think nintendo has always had a reputation for making consoles with more 'childish' games on them but hy i love em. im 19 and dont think the wii really needs 18+ games but with the market there and parental controls enabled on the wii i think its only a matter of time before 18+ games on the wii.
Personally i prefere more RPG/Adventure games like Zelda, Tale of Symphonia etc so i would only really buy an 18+ game if it needed to be 18+ for a storyline like Godfather etc i can't stand game that put blood and gore in them for the sheer sakes of it

Nintendo doesn't make 'childish' games! I wouldn't consider them that, I would consider them 'child friendly' like anyone can play it. I think that all those M and AO games are just stupid. If you're looking for some violent games, check out Disaster: Day of Crisis, Fire Emblem, another Zelda and more. I'm not sure that Nintendo would let a AO+18 games on their console. They are just stupid and sick. Plus there are
better quality games that are family friendly and that are fun such as WarioWare, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, and some other great games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda, Disaster: Day of Crisis. Look at all these great games I have mentioned! So STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT Wii!!!!!!

Just to lret people know GTA is not going to the Wii. I have read it in an article (cant find it ill post it in an edit soon) that it is only a rumor spreading...They say Wii isnt ready for that step. But in 2008 (doubtful) or 2009 or 2010 they say if the game sales for the wii are good they will consider bringing it there.

Nfanboy said:
Nintendo doesn't make 'childish' games! I wouldn't consider them that, I would consider them 'child friendly' like anyone can play it. I think that all those M and AO games are just stupid. If you're looking for some violent games, check out Disaster: Day of Crisis, Fire Emblem, another Zelda and more. I'm not sure that Nintendo would let a AO+18 games on their console. They are just stupid and sick. Plus there are
better quality games that are family friendly and that are fun such as WarioWare, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, and some other great games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda, Disaster: Day of Crisis. Look at all these great games I have mentioned! So STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT Wii!!!!!!

First off Zeldas not really violent........Your right AO games are for poor horny adults. But M games would be good. All the games you said are not good....... SSB is good Zelda and SMG are too but the rest suck....

Well I got my ONM back yesterday and they have announced a Scarface and a Godfather. I think Godfather is being Un-Cut. So it will be an 18. We have a breakthrough lol.

Got me thinking thats why they brought out Parental Guidence. For 18 Games :)

I just hope you can see the blood etc

Manhunt 2 is coming to the Wii you know that will have alot of blood. If Nintendo is smart they will make the games like manhunt 2. As for parents complaining Thats why the Wii has parental controls.:D

did everybody forget about Mortal Kombat Armageddon?

its M and is coming out in april

just so you know

Nintendo is ready for AO and M games and I don't see any problem with Nintendo selling games like that. Its not that hard a concept. If you're nto 18+ then you can't play those games....unless your parents buy them for you which my parents use to do for us because they knew we weren't crazy like some children. We weren't dumb enough to go shoot someone in the head and think we could restart the game of life. But some kids are just plain retarded and Nintendo is afraid of what might happen to its rep. So I can understand their hesitation. However I still firmly believe that the Wii can be system for gamers of all ages, races, and levels. In order to do this Nintendo needs to reach out to the AO audience who is obsessed with blood, profanity, and gore. May not sound nice to everyone but to some it has a certain appeal.

I remember Mortal Kombat for SNES not having blood. Everybody got the Sega one and put in the blood code. Mortal Kombat 2 for SNES had blood. I never played the Sega one. I think Nintendo got the point. It's just the Nintendo-produced games that are what someone else referred to as "child friendly" or family friendly. Those are usually my favorites anyway, but it's not like Nintendo has always completely avoided bloody games. I mean Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't too gorey or anything but the humor in it wasn't something you'd call "family friendly". I think the whole discussion about Nintendo being all family friendly is pointless. Like somebody else mentioned, they're getting The Godfather and it's only being improved from the original editions of it. I never felt like Nintendo didn't get games like GTA just because of the violence. Besides, I think the age of the violence in games making it a popular game is over. It's kinda like special effects in movies, it's kinda gone as far as it can go so now it's not so much how flashy you can make it but the overall quality. Video games are in a good state right now because people are looking at actual content for the most part and not just pretty graphics. Nintendo saw this when they made the Wii and it's kicking ass to prove they were right.

I love Mortal Kombat but look at the game cube It had mortal kombat still was a flop. Game cube was still considered mainly only for kids, and I like Nintendo I am no fan boy I call it like I see it

Back