Does wii mote hav memory??

As a comparison I can tell you that there are 3d games made for the pc wich are 64kb.
I think that was a result of a competition at the Finnish assembly event a few years ago.

It is NOT a memory card. It just saved personal settings, and high scores. Im sure you can fit one favorite colour, left/right handed etc and maybe some numbers in 6kb?

but you dont even have proof to back that up cheese, and 6kb will run out fast even with highscores and what not so then what? you use multiple controllers?

I think that the TINY amount of memory in the controller (if it is really there) would be used to store your Mii character so that if you take your controller to a friends you can sync your controller to their Wii and still use the character you made at home, I got the idea from Wii.com, it says something about taking your controller to a friends, and still being able to use your character.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this...

Storing Miis. Sillies.
But yowza, 6 KB... I mean, they can at least put in a megabyte...
Maybe I'm just used to seeing bigger files. Because that's super small to me!

tylerbryce said:
I think that the TINY amount of memory in the controller (if it is really there) would be used to store your Mii character so that if you take your controller to a friends you can sync your controller to their Wii and still use the character you made at home, I got the idea from Wii.com, it says something about taking your controller to a friends, and still being able to use your character.

Thats what I read to, that it stores the Mii's. But the 6KB is news to me.

6KB is a lot of memory...

Remember, nothing graphical must be retained in this memory. This is what would require the most memory.

For example, here are a few things that can be stored in 6KB...
1) A complete memory manager for a PC or other Hardware Driver.
2) A command interpreter, user interface, serial and parallel port drivers all at once. Remember command.com? (Of course, not a good example as it is bloated).
3) A very nasty virus or trojan.
4) A complete battleship game with graphics and colors and some basic AI. (This was closer to 2.5KB).
5) Best example... it is possible to code a fully functional PacMan game in under 6K.

6KB, depending on how things are coded, could store multiple Mii's and possibly other useful data. I haven't looked inside the Wii controller, but if I were to guess I would say they use a single custom IC. 6KB of nonvolatile RAM is a nice quantity to integrate (not too small memory wise, yet not too large to up the defective chip count)... and they don't have to purchase a second memory component, which means $$. Would you want to pay $50 for the Wii remote to have more memory? I'm guessing Nintendo knew they were on the edge of acceptability at $40.

Just my $.02.
Cheers!
Brad

pizzaluvr said:
THIS THREAD IS 2 MONTHS OLD

this means that then they didn't release the information
That could probably update it though.

Anyways: 6KB is enough. It only requires code... not a JPEG or anything. Go into a text file and type A LOT of lines and see how many KB that is.

Back