dungeons and dragons anyone?

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
just played my first game in about 9 years. the new rules add a lot more flavor to combat, each class has it's own special attacks, but a simple fight can take an hour, and that can be good or bad. happy to make new friends and get out of the apartment more...

have any of you played before or are playing now? any funny stories [about d&d] to tell?

hello i played dungeons and dragons and i suprisingly enjoyed it its long and pretty good for RPG fans i played a basic version though.

not sure about the version you mentioned but the 4th edition rules are kinda like a superhero game in comparison to classic, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. non-spellcasters get powers too, my rogue can hit multiple enemies with missile weapons, for example.

fourth cancellation of weekly game in a row. my DM is sick, and it's a blizzard out there anyways. he's openly gay and is a great guy all around, but he's obsessed with his collection of 3d dungeon tiles. any fight takes 15 minutes to set up, 45 minutes to play, and pretty soon the session is over without much progress.

c'mon david, there must be a lol moment you can remember?

urm well only lol moments are just at the stupidity of my team mate. sometimes its just funny to watch it happen though. like he would attack someone who was paralysed. or we die and restart the adventure and hed stand on the same trap EVERY TIME. lol.
but there only funny if you knew the guy hes very slow. so i always let him take controll of the tank in our game that was regdar and jozan. and id take control of the sneaky/speedy character and the mage lidda and Mialee cause they require more though and strategy where as the tanks wed just stick in doorways to take the beating and deal damage while the rest would shoot through.

the funniest thing off the top of my head played out about 15 years ago like this:

1 encounter with 2 trolls. all players knew trolls are weak against fire.
2 ranger throws flammable oil. it misses.
3 ranger then douses himself with oil, lights himself on fire, then bodyslams troll
4 rules made up on the spot determined it did damage to both, barely survived.

i love it when players get creative, it's the whole point of the game really.

were not at the stage where we make our own rules up yet but thats pretty good
how did you come to the decision on if that was legal and how much damae to do
i feel with my two friends it would end in arguments. when i dont see why when its just for fun

Last edited:
that's the point of the game. despite rulebooks and best intended dm planning you will have to come up with with a ruling with no measuring stick to go on. however character stats might still play a role when you're stuck. also there's times where there is no spare time to look up an obscure rule and the best thing to do is just wing it.

Back