Emulator games work so you don't have to pay twice?

Altruist

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2007
So... Both of my room-mates have fairly extensive NES/SNES game collections. We wanted to be able to play some of the virtual console games on the wii, but it seems a bit ridiculous to pay $5, $10, or whatever to download a game that we already have the rights to play. If we were able to find emulator files online, would there be anyway to save the games to a usb flash drive and then just copy them to the wii?

This is really goofy, but when I tried to click to send you a private message, it said I didn't have the privilege to do so... What's up with that?

Can you just send me a message and then I'll see if it lets me reply?

U have to have a certain number of posts before you can send PM's I think. Basically its in regards to VC Games...when u can PM people PM me and I'll explain.

Hmm, that sucks... Well, I'll just post around for like 10 minutes and see what happens.

Of course they are legal. If I have the game already, why can I not play it on my computer? There's a reason why tons of .com emulator sites haven't gotten shut down... Granted, probably 99.9999% of emulator use IS illegal, but an emulator or game in itself is NOT by any means illegal.

Emulators are NOT ILLEGAL. But when you download the rom/iso of a game that you don't have then that game is illegal. And the US is a free country or atleast it will be again when Bush stops being president.

I lost faith in the US government the day I was born. It's healthier to count on them for on thing, taxing everything you do in life, and dumping it into their war machine. $2 billion per stealth bomber?! OMG lame. They made 30 of them! Wait... it doesn't stop there. They are making new types of planes. We keep upgrading our military, but who the hell on this planet can match it? Waste of money. It's easier to take our own creations and turn them against the US. Sigh...

It's perfectly legal to make backup copies of stuff you own. In fact I recommend it. It won't stop me from paying Nintendo a few bucks to download a few games I really want to play on the Wii.

Back