Evolution: Are you being brainwashed?

Ok, thanks for the laughs. :/ I did it for the emphasis. Try reading it out loud and I think you will get it [more].

RedProdigy, Squall7, you two have really made great cases. People will believe what they choose to believe no matter how delusional but this topic is always fun to debate even for the sake of debating alone. Plus, I like hearing people's input on the matter, it is fun to make a rebuttal!

I know there are people out there who are working it out in their head and realizing that it really is a rather rational thing. However, their whole thought process on why we are here has to change so drastically to accept this that it becomes near impossible for them so they just fall back .

You know, I had a guy at work tell me he didn't believe in evolution, but believed in "adaptation." I didn't feel like arguing the point much further because he didn't seem like the type to do such with and it also made no sense to me.

Last edited:
RedProdigy said:
HUMANS.DID.NOT.EVOLVE.FROM.APES!
Why is that so hard to understand?!

It has nothing to do with it being hard to understand or not. Some believe that humans and apes were once the same species and others do not. That is all there is to it. Just like some believe that God exists and some do not. You are only stating your opinion. There is no scientific evidence that proves 100% that evolution excists just as we have little to no scientific evidence that God exists. It's all a matter of what you chose to believe.

kitkat_bar said:
just as we have little to no scientific evidence that God exists. It's all a matter of what you chose to believe.

More like none, but that's fine, people don't care about proof anyway. If they did, we wouldn't be having this argument in the first place. Remember, he meant that we didn't evolve from apes, directly anyway. His statement was intended to imply the common ancestor.

What I meant by that quote was that I thought that you have been arguing for evolution>creation. Then you said "NOT"

n3gative3 said:
More like none, but that's fine, people don't care about proof anyway.
i got all the proof i need when i was touched by the holy spirit. I also learned it through my experiences through life.

I_Dont_Know859 said:
i got all the proof i need when i was touched by the holy spirit. I also learned it through my experiences through life.

Hey, I know what you mean. When the FSM laid his noodly appendage upon me, a whole new world opened up in the inexorable light of his holiness. Suddenly everything made sense and I realized that the truth lie in him and only him.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
What I meant by that quote was that I thought that you have been arguing for evolution>creation. Then you said "NOT"

Scientifically, evolution IS better than creation. Creationism isn't even a science.

The idea that man and apes shared a common ancestor is the mostly widely qccept of human evolution theory today which is why I think it's true. And I think it does make some sense. I would have to read up to justify myself though....

science

science explains how god did what he did and how his world works the way it does.

uttackle71 said:
science explains how god did what he did and how his world works the way it does.

Um...no it doesn't. Science does not explain God at all. The word "God" is never mentioned in today's science in any sense. Science does explain however why the world is the way it is, but not that God created it.

I think the word science comes from the Latin verb scio "I know". It's nominative singular present participle is sciens "knowing" and I think that's where science came from. I might be wrong. But yes, keep God out of science.

I guess it is hard for some to divorce the two? It usually is understanding "God's creation."

kitkat_bar said:
Um...no it doesn't. Science does not explain God at all. The word "God" is never mentioned in today's science in any sense. Science does explain however why the world is the way it is, but not that God created it.

RedProdigy said:
I think the word science comes from the Latin verb scio "I know". It's nominative singular present participle is sciens "knowing" and I think that's where science came from. I might be wrong. But yes, keep God out of science.
You can not keep God out of science if you believe in God. Personally, i see science as a gift from God and to help explain how some of his creation works. The two tie in together for a religious person. For an atheist of course i will not, RedProdigy, why do you say to keep God out of science because thats very unfair and biased for a religious scientist. Not all scientists are atheists.

Back