exams

I don't think I'd want to post my results... I failed my Business Studies exam today! :( and I failed Geography before :(

French tomorrow, then a final Business exam on Tuesday, then all done! :)

Ah, personally, I wouldn't mind anyone to see my results, my weaknesses, showing other people that it will be worth it if you try hard from my crap results because I'm very lazy when it comes to cramming down in school.

My final exams tomorrow arrre the lovely physics and french. I'm not particularly fond of any of them, because I deemed french one of the most useless subjects ever next to graphics.

Ooh you got French too! :) French is great for me because I pretty much understand most of it... I'm guessing you're in the triple award thingy for Science? Clever girl :p

Don't you have a graphics exam next Friday or something?

I've done my graphics AQA exam last week.

French was compulsory to me and I had no motivation to do it whatsoever. Nothing pulses me to go further into it because it's our neighbouring country we do not have to do french. We should really do welsh or something, even that language is dying, not that I'm in favour of doing any languages, I just hate learning them. I'll stick to english.

I do double award science and was forced to once again, everyone in the school does double award in science. The tests are seperated to the obvious biology, chemistry and physics but your overall mark, which is two GCSEs are those combined. Which I think is a stupid idea, making me study them all I want to know what I'm best at, obviously biology, I feel that chemistry will bring down my mark considerably.

French higher, however, made me want to kill myself.

French was just an easy A or B for me.. so I picked it so I'd be able to get a good grade to get into college lol

I'm not sure if you do AQA Science but we do modules, and coursework, then 2 science exams, which include chemistry, biology and physics in each exam, then they work out some sort of average and we get either AA, BB, CC and so on..

I do OCR science.

I just never aspire to do french because I doubt I'd even go to France and I don't even own a passport. Yeah, learning french in Canada, okay, but not on a little island here.

The school cannot force us to take a language. You can either make one of these a compulsory subject:

- A technology option (my school do that)
- A modern foreign language (do that too)
- ICT

and there's something else. But, in a technology college you'd think if they had to pick two (which they don't) they'd make us do ICT (computers for anyone who doesn't know) because we use them all the time.

I've been taking my final exams since about a week ago. Last one is tomorrow (Algebra) and Chorus. The hardest is behind and the easy is about to come. School ends on June 20th for me, so I've very exited now. And Wednesday is a 1/2 day!

FR. said:
I've been taking my final exams since about a week ago. Last one is tomorrow (Algebra) and Chorus. The hardest is behind and the easy is about to come. School ends on June 20th for me, so I've very exited now. And Wednesday is a 1/2 day!

Excitement makes you feel like you're five year old again, no, wait, not five years old, five and a half years old.

The only compulsory subject we have is RS Short Course... Other than that, we got to choose 4 other subjects we wanted to take

Ahhhh, religion. That's the one I missed out, we're forced to take that too with being a Catholic school and all.

Hey frogger did you add me on msn? I just realised someone said hi, and it said your name.. so was it you?

You're probably asleep now! Sorry for not replying :(

Frogger said:
Should there be a GCSE results thread around mid Augustish or just post everyone's results here?
I recon make a thread :] be interesting to see what people got, and people can say what they got when they did take 'em and such. Do you know what date we're actually meant to be getting them? Have fun in your last exam today.

Wiired said:
I recon make a thread :] be interesting to see what people got, and people can say what they got when they did take 'em and such. Do you know what date we're actually meant to be getting them? Have fun in your last exam today.

24th August or around that time.

Physics made me want to kill myself. There were quite a lot of formulas... I knew all of them but just wrote one the wrong way. Gutting three marks gone there.

French was even worse. Like the antichrist of all exams.

And guess what happened to me today.

There was a substation explosion this morning at about 7 o'clock where everyone's electricity went off. Most people were late for their exams so we decided to start at 9:30. I was hammering my phone trying to get my lazy friend to wake up because I know she'd sleep in...

So, exam at half 9, my mum was wondering where the hell I was. But, because all the registration and seating plans are done on computer they had to do it by reading everyone out seperately. It was a nightmare. Plus, we had to stay in school so no one would be lost...

Teaming down with rain wasn't bad enough, traveling to school in the car, there were no traffic lights at all and AGH. Main roads + scousers + no traffic lights > maniacs + death threat + water + angry energy.

But in the middle of my french exam the fire alarm went off and we had to march out like robots making no contact with eachother, so they let us start again, we'd already had about 20 minutes in, so that means they would have gave us an extra 35 minutes it was so boring.

I'm beaming with confidence now.

Oh, and, Mr "I'm so cool 666" Resi wanted me to pass on a message :p

Tell them my exams are done, i wont be posting till my name gets changed, lol you ont have to make a post just aboot it, just at the end of your next post say somthing like, o btw resi says his exams are done and he aced them

Happy?

Last edited:
Back