Fake Wii Remote? or Japan model?

Definitely Fake

These units on EBay are definitely fake, and the fake job is getting even better. bluefly88 is selling them as nintendo but they are not and I reported them to eBay. It is very hard to tell the difference but the easy spot is the blue Japanese sticker on it. The motion control is not the same as the original. To test play bowling on Wii sports. I cannot throw a fast bowling ball no matter how hard I try with the fake one. With the original you can throw it much faster. Also the curving motion is not the same.

They may look the same, it is very hard to tell, but put your remotes side by side and you will see, not only in looks but in capabilities and performance. Buyer BEWARE. Report them as fakes if you bought one of these recently. If the price is too good to be true, there's a reason!

There are a couple of clues that identify this as a counterfeit. First, if it was a Japanese or foreign version, it would not have an FCC ID #. And as someone else pointed out, the "Nintendo" stamp is missing from the plug.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've just bought a Wii remote off Ebay,
It was shipped from Hong Kong,
It came in a Japanese Box, at first I just think it might be the Japanese Wii remote. But as soon as I installed it,
The speaker is 10X louder then my Original US Wii remote that came with my Wii.
The Lights is different, it's brighter,
Movement is shaky, compare to the Original one.

"I am still NOT SURE is this a FAKE one or just a Japan set"

please comment.

P1180204Large.jpg

P1180206Large.jpg

P1180208Large.jpg

P1180209Large.jpg

P1180213Large.jpg

P1180214Large.jpg

P1180215Large.jpg

P1180217Large.jpg

P1180218Large.jpg

P1180219Large.jpg

P1180220Large.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Of course its a ripoff, r u blind? Examine the official Nintendo controls and then look at the fake...

Hey guys... the original message asking if the remote in the photos was fake was left way back in Feb. 2009, nearly one year ago...

Hey guys... the original message asking if the remote in the photos was fake was left way back in Feb. 2009, nearly one year ago...

opps I didn't see that when i posted what i wrote, sorry bout that.

So what's your point? This forum is the first that comes up in Google. They are definitely making lots of money off these fakes that are getting better and better. If they are not real they should disclose that and then the buyer can make an informed decision.

This is still relevant because in a year they are still selling these and getting away with it AND deceiving buyers by calling them Nintendo and stamping them with the Nintendo logos.

wow fakes look so real these days. i wouldnt have seen the difference if u hadnt shown it next to the real one :eek:

So what's your point? This forum is the first that comes up in Google. They are definitely making lots of money off these fakes that are getting better and better. If they are not real they should disclose that and then the buyer can make an informed decision.

This is still relevant because in a year they are still selling these and getting away with it AND deceiving buyers by calling them Nintendo and stamping them with the Nintendo logos.

I'm not saying the information is not relevant, just that the people who posted the earlier messages are probably long gone and won't see the new messages.

No problem! Just saying that I think this is a very useful thread for people to find out more info on these "too good to be true" deals on Ebay.

I also got one of these counterfeit ones from Hong Kong. Don't waste your money on it. The quality is very bad (obviously fake) and the one I got didn't even work. The seller won't even refund me eventhough I returned the item. So they got my money and the item. Total Ripoff. Seller's ebay ID is xiaomei886809. Avoid it like a plague !!!

One Million thumbs up for "knock offs"

The differences are simply changes in Nintendo themselves productions. Not knock-offs! Many different contractors they get to make the same product.

I have always had great experiences with aftermarket N64 stuff. I actually found that most of the controllers and memory packs were way better and higher quality than nintendo brand. I still have the aftermarket controllers and they still work, unlike the nintendo brand controllers I have for the n64. The sticks are completely shot. I never left them upside down or stepped on them!

Nintendo wii though... The remote and nunchuck I got when I first bought a Nintendo wii really sucked. It made me avoid playing any of the motion sensitive games. They were all next to impossible to play. I could only play bowling, and even that was stressful. The sound thing, mostly loud fuzzy sounds came from the remote that came with the nintendo wii system. I swear I got that poo stick when I bought the wii. This was even on the real remote and chuck!

My friends wii controller played awsome though. I wanted to buy another controller so I wouldn't be living at my friends place. I did not want to spend my whole paycheck on a remote so I tried Ebay. I waited almost three weeks, but since I won the remote for six dollars and shipping was six dollars, that was absolutely no problem. The remote worked awsome for me. Just like my friends remote except it didn't do the finger shake like my friends did. It was seriously perfect.

Until a guy told me that he will never buy them again, I figured Ebay is awsome, so I did this research and even contacted nintendo. Of course, Nintendo said to be safe only to buy from larger retailers locally or off of the nintendo site. They want me to spend millions LOL. The research may me seriously laugh and gave all sorts of puns and stuff to make fun of. I realised I shouldn't second guess myself. Ebay IS awsome.

The research basically portrayed that Different Nintendo versions of controllers were introduced. Most likely because they started making bad controllers and selling to dedicated nintendo buyers. Instead of telling the buyers they messed up in production they made new versions. I do have to say that my first real" wiimote sucked. It was officially made for selling with my nintendo wii. The whole speaker thing and finger shake and motion movements. Basically everything that made the wiimote unique from any other system I didnt have working right until I Bought "Knockoffs".

I want to praise the people in charge of distributing these "knock offs" or nintendo production rejections". I would love to say thank you for fixing Nintendo's mistakes and from now on I will trust any "knock off" wiimote over the "real" thing any day, especially because of their N64 controller screw ups and their Motion sensing screw ups. What is with using the three style screw head anyway, WHY? Is there a secret they are hiding? I am sure there are many techs out there who are not more ons and can fix a remote themselves correctly. You know, the problems that Nintendo made.

I can see charging $50 for a wii remote that passed all of the inspection standards 100%. But that is not how it is. They do not sort the junk from the good stuff. So why waste that money and have to end up sending it away to nintendo for Two months waiting for them to fix their problem you spent $50 on. I do not know about how well returns work on ebay, because I NEVER had to return anything. I must be so lucky. that everyone who had a problem had such a big problem they say they will never buy again.

Up until now, I have bought eight "nock off" remotes for myself and friends and the only problem I had was with one of the nunchucks. The control stick wasn't working correctly; until I broke it in! I swear that The "real" nintendo remotes have been played on and worn out before they ever got to the store. The "knock offs" feel as though they were never touched and are as fresh from the factory as you will get.

Don't believe the differences that are posted above because I have seen most of these differences myself within what were supposed to be the real remotes from stores like walmart and zellers. Nintendo simply manufactures their stuff random. I think that when you get a remote without a serial number it is simply one of their nickels they did not have an order for so they auctioned it off to a wholesaler.

Someone should really do deep research about nintendo's quality control and exactly what they do with their produced remotes they don't want; or even if nintendo hires different subcontractors to make their product. That would be the only reason as to Nintendo's many flawed differences in quality control and different things such as speaker loudness and serial number stuff.

It would be nice to believe that all nintendo products are perfect and that is where our extra money went, but it is not. I have seen it for myself.

Another thing, why does nintendo allow really poorly made games to be sold for their system that no one ever wants to play again after they open them? Does this completely explain Nintendo's process of quality control, sell anything they can and lie to consumers about buying the "real" thing?

If there is a rat company making look alikes, I say they are doing an excellent job. Nintendo should be embarrassed, the company even makes the random differences that Nintendo does, that is how good they are at forging. hehe. If there are copy cats, Nintendo should take lessons on how to make their stuff. I think it is just a rumor Nintendo themselves have spread though. Nintendo would never have to sell anything again, they could just keep suing the companies. LOL because I would keep buying there better and cheaper product.

I do not like Xbox or playstation much, I have certainly played a lot of everything, but I have always loved sega and nintendo. Nintendo wii is the most fun system I have ever played. I do wish they would make several Dreamcast games into Nintendo wii games, especially "toy commander" and "powerstone". My two most favorite dreamcast games. Goldeneye should be remade for sure.

Wow, sorry guys. I didnt realised I had so much to say.

But just one more thing after reding the last two posts.

I know I never want to pay large amounts of money for something that costs nintendo cents to make. I really trust ebay sellers since all of my eight remotes still work great.

I truly wonder how many of these bad product replies are true. Cheaper product threatens nintendos revenue. Be lucky like me and go ebay, Maybe the game retailers will realise they cannot keep charging as much as they do.

sorry, just one more please...

"too good to be true ebay deals" A great big fat LOL!!!!!

I have seriously purchased about a thousand dollars of basically 70% off merchandise, and not once was I ever dissapointed. I am not praising Ebay, I am praising the right to buy cheap stuff, escpecially when the "real" LOL stuff is simply out of your balance book.

Back