Fake Wii Remote? or Japan model?

crashcraz3

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2009
Hi guys,

I've just bought a Wii remote off Ebay,
It was shipped from Hong Kong,
It came in a Japanese Box, at first I just think it might be the Japanese Wii remote. But as soon as I installed it,
The speaker is 10X louder then my Original US Wii remote that came with my Wii.
The Lights is different, it's brighter,
Movement is shaky, compare to the Original one.

"I am still NOT SURE is this a FAKE one or just a Japan set"

please comment.

P1180204Large.jpg

P1180206Large.jpg

P1180208Large.jpg

P1180209Large.jpg

P1180213Large.jpg

P1180214Large.jpg

P1180215Large.jpg

P1180217Large.jpg

P1180218Large.jpg

P1180219Large.jpg

P1180220Large.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I would say if it works then does it matter? I can't see many differences between the remotes to be honest, but I bet it's just the Japan model.

It works..
but the movement is shaky, sound is distorted and way too loud,
it sounds like a walkie talkie..real loud, i'm using a scotch tape to cover up the speaker grills to reduce the sound,
Wii is set at it's lowest volume, it's annoying, because the original Wii remote does not make any sound at that level

Humm... I maybe wrong but you may have a defective wiimote.

I got 3 wiimotes they are all different, all have differencies in the smal details, hell, they are even different than the ones in your pictures... Althought my 3 wiimotes work perfectly.

I also got 2 nunchuk that are identical to the "unsure" and 1 identical to the "original", they all work perfectly.

:crazy:

this has been brought up before.
different parts of the world have slightly different manufacturing.
it's natural to see the looks vary like that...

now another question is: did the ebay seller have access to nintendo's rejects?

I also just bought the exact same one, and I have the exact same problems.
Does anyone have any more info on this? Is the japan one sending a different signal or something? Can it be fixed?

Regardless of where they are manufactured, all legitimate, non-defective remotes should all work exactly the same. After all, the games are designed to fit the controls, so they all need to have the same motion sensitivity and resonsiveness.

Judging by the wrist strap, the controller you got is one of Nintendo's older models. I have a similar Wiimote that came with my Wii. Not positive, though.

I just bought a nunchuck off of ebay today. They had all good reviews, so I'm hoping mine works correctly. If not, I'm only out 15 bucks. I've bought imported electronics off of ebay before, like a replacement cord for my Samsung camera, and a headset for the PS3. I haven't had any troubles before. I think you should go buy one from Wal-mart and then switch them out. Hehe

Fake definitely

Hi,

You'd want to check this out.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/939583

I bought mine at a shop and its exactly the same as yours. The fake one that is. I determined it was fake since yours came with a Japanese box and mine came with a US box. Its a fake. Get it replaced. All Wii remotes are made at the same place and there's no reason for the plastic or electronics to be different.

It works..
but the movement is shaky, sound is distorted and way too loud,
it sounds like a walkie talkie..real loud, i'm using a scotch tape to cover up the speaker grills to reduce the sound,
Wii is set at it's lowest volume, it's annoying, because the original Wii remote does not make any sound at that level

a loud speaker?? where can i get one???
btw. they're all distorted.

Got 2 of exactly the same duff remotes from 2 different vendors. How can I get my money back form ebay guys?

man, where can i find these loud remotes? I hate the speakers on the Nintendo ones. they're way too low. I was thinking about finding a way to mod them for higher volume

You retarded idiots that is an asian model they are the same. They are identical. The only difference is instead of the english language written on them its asian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just said there are more reasons they are different, the sound is louder.

The original poster should just trade remotes with laserbeak4 who said they wanted a louder control, lol

I have two wiimotes which have the same numbers as the ones pictured LOL

Cept mine has no burrs, not many cosmetic differences besides the Wii logo and A buttoin a bit lighter and thats about it.

The bad wiimote you have is the good one i have, the original you have is the meh one i have [cuz the original one just feels slightly cheaper due to the sound the buttons make but thats about it]

Back