Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

spiff-ssbb

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Wii Online Code
8140-2366-3149-0356
i dont know what everyone else thinks about this topic but there are alot of spoiler videos on the internet showing final smashes...simply youtube search ssbb final smashes to find them. and not only do these final smashes seem largely unbalanced between characters (for example Link, Marth have almost guarentee'd ko's from them whereas Sonic and diddy kong's look utterly useless aside from being invincible for a time) but these are also moves that will not be used in any tourney event so personally i dont understand why there is such a hype over these moves.

spiff-ssbb said:
i dont know what everyone else thinks about this topic but there are alot of spoiler videos on the internet showing final smashes...simply youtube search ssbb final smashes to find them. and not only do these final smashes seem largely unbalanced between characters (for example Link, Marth have almost guarentee'd ko's from them whereas Sonic and diddy kong's look utterly useless aside from being invincible for a time) but these are also moves that will not be used in any tourney event so personally i dont understand why there is such a hype over these moves.

because it's an awesome addition to the game. and if they werent included in the game you'd be completely trashing sakurai for just adding characters to melee. what will please you people?

PS sonic and diddy are fast right? so they can get lots of hits in before they get a smash ball to up percentage then when they use a FS they can KO. if all FS did the same damage, there would be no strategy. what would be the point of even using different characters?

EDIT: besides, most of us are concerned with having FUN with the game, more so than participating in tourneys. not too many people are going to say "i cant wait for this to come out, so i can join a tournament"

yea, they are over hyped.

Robs FSA sucks.

but some of them are not hyped enough. marios looks like it kick ass

i didnt mean they'd do the same damage just that they'd all be equally useful. and ya they can get alot of hits... if the opponent is unaware of side stepping. and to be honest i think they SHOULD be catering a little more to the tourney player since in my opinion anyways alot of the hype for the game comes from those players... but thats just my opinion

Mysims:

Robs FSA sucks.

ya it does...makes mario look super bad ass when his eyes go red to

MySims said:

Robs FSA sucks.

ROB's fsa rocks! that final smash builds up % on the opponet, and ROB can still use his other attacks while he's doing his fsa. he gets the opponet at 100-120 % and just use a smash attack. its probably one of the best fsas

samXcor3 said:
because it's an awesome addition to the game. and if they werent included in the game you'd be completely trashing sakurai for just adding characters to melee. what will please you people?

PS sonic and diddy are fast right? so they can get lots of hits in before they get a smash ball to up percentage then when they use a FS they can KO. if all FS did the same damage, there would be no strategy. what would be the point of even using different characters?

EDIT: besides, most of us are concerned with having FUN with the game, more so than participating in tourneys. not too many people are going to say "i cant wait for this to come out, so i can join a tournament"
not sure if you have friends to play with but its a really competitive game which is the reason its so popular. final smashes make it not as fun for really competitive matches because its a random factor.

though, final smashes should be an option just like any other items are so it will all be good.

Sovieto said:
not sure if you have friends to play with but its a really competitive game which is the reason its so popular. final smashes make it not as fun for really competitive matches because its a random factor.

though, final smashes should be an option just like any other items are so it will all be good.
thank you lol not sure about you but we play item games in melee once out of every... fifty to a hundred times i'd guess lol gameplay is number 12 and 3 in smash for me...everything else is secondary. who do you main melee wise and who do you want to main in brawl Sovieto?

SSBBFan101 said:
ROB's fsa rocks! that final smash builds up % on the opponet, and ROB can still use his other attacks while he's doing his fsa. he gets the opponet at 100-120 % and just use a smash attack. its probably one of the best fsas

wow... are u wrong...

#1. u cant do other attacks when he's doing his smash attack.
#2. every time he hits u with his eyes, it takes off 12% which is very low
#3. you can dodge it encredably easily. when he moves (using his FSA) he goes as slow as a snail

u think thats better than marios? i dont

MySims said:
wow... are u wrong...

#1. u cant do other attacks when he's doing his smash attack.
#2. every time he hits u with his eyes, it takes off 12% which is very low
#3. you can dodge it encredably easily. when he moves (using his FSA) he goes as slow as a snail

u think thats better than marios? i dont
note to self. mario will own in brawl

i like yoshis fsa

i would like to fly and spit giant fireballs

OK This is one of the things that make me mad :/..

OK it's the spirit of battle even if your losing and your still enjoying the game, That's when it'll be the day when everything is even-

No offence but you seam like a sore loser, Because think of it this way- What if you had the smash ball?..

But to get to the real point- All characters have they're own moves and that's what makes them uniqe- If you REALLY think about it hard enough Course' They're unbalanced... But it depends on who's using them really, I mean nobody is going to be the king of brawl :/

Marth and Links are really hard to aim, in the videos you see the characters are barely ever moving and it takes skill to use them. In sonics and diddys its easier to rack up some damage

personally it lets me know which characters that aren't cool for example, zelda sucks, it just shoot straight and can be easily dogded, and donkey kong, thats just horrible to pu in.

Sovieto said:

Just confirming that yes, you can turn off 'Final Smash Balls' and 'Assist Trophies' just like any other item.

Back