Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

i havent taken a good look at the map selection but some of them were large enough that you could just run people around if they had the hammer or were invincible whatever. one of the guys in the IGN podcast tried to explain that a person losing would have a much easier chance of breaking the smash ball then a person winning. since its most likely not a part of SSE which they were trying to make the game more single player friendly it seems kind of thrown in there.

ya the maps look huge... the hits seem to have higher knockback though to compensate you could say... meh... i cant wait lol one month and counting

When you think about it, each characters final smash is uniquely deadly. Sure, Link has a basic one-hit KO one, but it only hits one person and it looks hard to aim. Sonics on the other hand may SEEM easy to dodge, but he moves very fast and can hit multiple opponents. It will just be about how you use them.

I don't think so, I think all final smashes are even too anyway, Links smash may be be a One hit KO but he can only target one enemy, while others splash damage, they're even IMO, I think all the FSA's.

I think they're a great addition to the game. It's a game that revolves on chaos and skill at the same time, and that's what FSA do...you can get a smashball and still be stupid enough to not use it well, so skill is still a factor. And remember if someone grabs it you can beat the crap out of them and make them lose it.

And they're not unbalanced. Marth and Zelda may be an instant KO, but you try to hit people once they know you have the smashball...they'd all disperse.

Then again, you're all acting as if you had the game already...as if watching youtube people playing it is the same...it's not, when you're playing it, you'll probably enjoy a match with FSA as much as others, even if you go and disable the option after a couple of days. Why will we all enjoy it? because we all love having that sense of uber power.

I think it'd be interesting to have tournaments with items as well...sure, skill is fun, but having the items and FSA adds another level to gameplay.

Final Smashes add a level of intensity to the game. I think the only ones bad mouthing them are the Melee vets who are too scared to step up to Brawl in its entirely, and instead just want melee 2.0 with more characters.

Sorry but this is not Melee kids. It's Brawl. If you want to play it safe, then go back to you're broken Wave dashing system. I'm sure you'll still own the retro leagues.

As for me I support Final smashes since they really don;t mean too much in a match. If it's 1 on 1 then the most it can do is give the other guy 1 free kill. And if you are truly the more skillful player then you should be able to win by more than 1 point so that one free kill he gets shouldn't matter.

I mean how many members (no pun intended) gloat about their e-penis sizes when it comes to Melee?

"I'm so 1337, they've got a plaque with my name on it at game stop, since I pwn so hard at all the local tourneys!!!!111eleventyonewonwon111!!"

^ :lol: I see posts like that all too often on these boards.

If you want to be considered a "pro" in the brawl world, then learn to adapt like any good gamer, and use final smashes to your advantage. Because whining about them (especially when you haven't even played the game yet) just makes you look pathetic.

I really don't get some people...

The addition of FSA's to SSBB is one of the things that makes it different from SSBM, and here you are saying you don't like them?

I KNOW that some are unbalanced, some are weak, some are kick-ass, but really, it is your own skill that determines victory. I love them, and Mario's is kick-ass!

But since this is not yet released everywhere, well, hardly anywhere, You shouldn't complain before you know. Seems stupid to me...

Can't wait for it though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q
Here is a compilation of all the FSA's.
I HATE LUIGI!!!!

XENiTHiON

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Final Smashes add a level of intensity to the game. I think the only ones bad mouthing them are the Melee vets who are too scared to step up to Brawl in its entirely, and instead just want melee 2.0 with more characters.

Sorry but this is not Melee kids. It's Brawl. If you want to play it safe, then go back to you're broken Wave dashing system. I'm sure you'll still own the retro leagues.

As for me I support Final smashes since they really don;t mean too much in a match. If it's 1 on 1 then the most it can do is give the other guy 1 free kill. And if you are truly the more skillful player then you should be able to win by more than 1 point so that one free kill he gets shouldn't matter.

I mean how many members (no pun intended) gloat about their e-penis sizes when it comes to Melee?

"I'm so 1337, they've got a plaque with my name on it at game stop, since I pwn so hard at all the local tourneys!!!!111eleventyonewonwon111!!"

^ :lol: I see posts like that all too often on these boards.

If you want to be considered a "pro" in the brawl world, then learn to adapt like any good gamer, and use final smashes to your advantage. Because whining about them (especially when you haven't even played the game yet) just makes you look pathetic.

....you do of course realize that none of your comment makes sense since the pros of brawl will most likely be the same people who were pros with melee and that FSAs weren't put in for pro matches and that they are there so its more entertaining for the casual gamer.... meaning that becoming a brawl pro would have nothing to do with 'adapting' to using final smashes since they will never be used in pro matches as they are deemed... an item lol

and again...i dont think their a bad addition to the game... i think they're good ... just a little over hyped... and from this thread over defended

Lol.

And I'm sure you consider yourself a "pro" right?

Well sorry but the game has changed, and if you want melee format then stick with the GCN title.

That you keep crying over the fact that it's an item (ohnoes!), and items are "illegal" in these "pro" matches makes me lose any and all respect for anyone who ever called themselves a "pro"

If you want to be considered a REAL gamer then play the game as it was intended, no stipulations, no exclusions, no exceptions...and finally...this may be hard for you to understand...NO WHINING!

If you don't know how to avoid another payer's final smash or capitalize on the damage potential of your own, then you will be considered a noob.

The fact that you keep whining over items and complaining of imbalance makes me laugh. The only way these self proclaimed 'pros' got to be ''pro" was learning hoe to exploit the imbalances of melee to their fullest extent.
(i.e. wavedash,SHFFL,L-cancel,ect.)

So just because you're going to be on level playing ground again with the rest of the gaming world when brawl comes, you're going to complain. All because a well placed final smash can net a player up to three points. Well it looks like the only ones against it are those whom are afraid that they may be dethroned by new players.

Instead of being mature and adapting to the new system you'd prefer to throw a tantrum and say hoe it imbalances the game and that it's only for non-official matches,ect.

The more you protest the funnier and more immature you sound. Either get with the times and deal with the new system in its entirety or stick with the old Melee formula.
But whatever you do, don't complain about a game we haven't even played. It just makes you look foolish.

If you ever want to have any respect as a brawl pro then prove your worth by adapting to the change in times, otherwise stick with the GCN title. Just don't blame your inadequacies as a gamer on the mechanics of the game.

haha your funny. na i'm no pro. i dont go to touneys or any of that stuff. i made this thread cuz i wanted to see what people thought. haha if i remember you were the first to 'whine' about this thread and like i said... adapting to brawl has nothing to do with fsa's lol but be how you be you 'real gamer' hahaha

mushroom if you saw the ssbb pro tournament thread you didnt see anyone using items did you? i dont know what could ever give you the idea that pro play would just NOW include items... instead of asking him to be mature why dont you read the crap you spew from each key you type with. AND if you really think its pro to have items in matches im telling you you will deal with more whining then you could ever possibly think of without them.

wow :lol:

Those were not brawl "pro's" they were former melee "pros" and as such afraid of a little competition via smash balls.

I'm sure you're going to have some sort of comeback tat you no doubt consider witty and/or clever, but I really could care less.
Both you and spiff can cling to the traditions of item-less matches and exploited glitches all you want. But that will never make you a professional, just a cheater. End of story.

Do you think an athlete who uses steroids is going to perform better than one who doesn't? sure they will. But does that make them the bater athlete? No. Because they didn't get there on their own, they had to cheat to achieve success.
Same principle applies to gaming. If you're going to use a character that has exploits and glitches to win "professional" matches and then defend your practice by spouting crap like "It' not cheating, it took me a really long time t train and get my timing down perfect.." Then don't even try and ask for any credibility or respect from me.
You're exploiting glitches and over sites to give yourself an advantage the shouldn't even be there.

You defend glitches but adamantly oppose items..am I the only one who sees a hypocrisy in that? :lol:

how did you get from items to exploits and cheats?... even if they were only melee pros its almost the same game so they will be the first players paving the way for newer pros.

if items would be considered a pro thing why wouldnt you see them dropping when youre fighting master hand. im mostly certain you will not see FSAs in SSE.

Lugia said:
mushroom if you saw the ssbb pro tournament thread you didnt see anyone using items did you? i dont know what could ever give you the idea that pro play would just NOW include items... instead of asking him to be mature why dont you read the crap you spew from each key you type with. AND if you really think its pro to have items in matches im telling you you will deal with more whining then you could ever possibly think of without them.
thank you lol
to mushroom...wouldn't the smash ball be the stereroid since it ENHANCES the character? how would item less matched be cheating? your dumb stop posting on my thread.

back to lugia: those videos are wicked man... luigi seems like he's being used alot more... that down b is a wicked recovery move now

Back