Finally Got DVD playback on my wii

venomhotbo

WiiChat Member
Oct 24, 2007
St. Mary, Jamaica W.I.
Wii Online Code
7176-0427-8025-3783
As the title said I got it to work finally. I search and search but no one was saying how to make it work after you got it modded. I use the Wii Key and it play perfectly even .avi, .ogm and .mgeg videos worked.

Now my Wii is just like my xbox which i dont use anymore. THANKS WII KEY :)

Venom

venomhotbo said:
As the title said I got it to work finally. I search and search but no one was saying how to make it work after you got it modded. I use the Wii Key and it play perfectly even .avi, .ogm and .mgeg videos worked.

Venom

whats the point ... risking damage to your wii by modding it when pretty much everyone nowadays already has 2-3 dvd players in there house and there now like, what 30 bucks to buy.

whooopadeedoo!!!! good job buddy :scared:

venomhotbo said:

Venom

Change the thread title, you are confusing people. You cannot play DVD's on the Wii, all you are doing is playing video files.

HI all

I play DVD movies and ALSO video files.

I live in Jamaica so they don't sell DVD players for just $30. One dvd player cost about 8 thousand Jamaican DOllars.

Also it's not a risk to install the wii key it's so friking simple I couldnt believe it. It 's much easier than the PS2 it took me a long time to mod that.

Back the the DVD playback. Just go to www.wiikey.cn and download the wii key setup disk. After u burn it on a dvd-r pop it in and select mce media player. The wii will ask to eject and insert a dvd or media disk. It's that simple. Right now I am watching 40 year old virgin (orginal DVD video) as I am typing this.

I love the idea that i can play dvd on my wii because i cant bother to switch av cables when I wanna watch movies.

I do own a dvd player but it SUCKS!!!!!

Venom

Fr Jamaica

Wii key is the best mod chip for the Wii to date. It's very cheap go and buy one. Search wii key in your country and you can find a reseller. Oh and it's very easy to install. YOu get pictures and also there are tons of videos on youtube.com

Venom

Ya wiikey rocks man..i love mine..have you been SMG yet? lol...btw be careful playing dvds on your wii tryonly only watch one a day cause its bad for the laser lens!

wow thanks weewii182 for the heads up. I am now watch the sapronos season on that I downloaded from rapidshare, it's in avi format.

After the disk finish I will not watch anymore till I get free time again

Venom

man dude your lucky to be able to play DVD's on your wii but I suggest you wait for the DVD play back wii because your damaging the disk laser unless you put the movie in the wii's disk format like the format used to play wii games.

man d wii drive wont be damaged it can play dvd but no software was their to read them. so we use software and codecs and it work. so dont worry.

I never understood the whole DVD importance thing.
Just pop it in a DVD player or a computer. Why is having it on a Wii so important???

MRCOOLGH said:
man dude your lucky to be able to play DVD's on your wii but I suggest you wait for the DVD play back wii because your damaging the disk laser unless you put the movie in the wii's disk format like the format used to play wii games.

"Damage the laser"??? Where DO you get your misinformation from? Please don't post false statements if you don't know what you're talking about. Someone might actually believe you. Thank you.

In fairness you o actually damage the laer because the wii isnt designed to constantly run data off a disc...so there.

Back