Finally Got DVD playback on my wii

I agree with Eagles, this is stupid.

To iggypop: LEAVE OTHERS ALONE!!!! This is a thread about playing Dvd's on the Wii, not about your life, your brother's life, DrMoze's life or anyone's here! If you cannot accept that there are people out there with Doctorates in things other than Medicine, get a grip... I don't know anyone that would laugh at someone that has a Doctorate, in whatever, even poop-throwing! It shows that this person has achieved something and are probably proud of it.

And making slanderous comments about others lives that you know nothing about is, just, really childish, which points to the question, how old are you and are you acting your age?

And DrMoze, I hope you are acting your age too, you have put a late end to this argument.

Some people in this thread need... a hug... a cookie... and a loooong sleep...
Well, I do anyway...

Eagles said:
I think we should get this thread locked, it's turning into a flame war between iggypop and DrMoze.

It does seem a bit silly. :lol:

Iggypop gets backed into a corner (regarding the details of laser/materials of DVD technology) and in a defensive effort starts trying to demean someone with a PhD (the whole "not a doctor" angle just doesn't work). To support his stance he uses his brother's experience at a Vo-Ca school (which shouldn't be picked at either). The age play doesn't work either - I don't know that there's some 'statute of limitations' restricting contributions to a video game message board based on that demographic.

Then DrMoze in an attempt to qualify his experience, goes off on a slightly immature attack on this guy's brother, and actually *posts* some reference to his salary (while I mention my professional experience on occasion, I never post dollar amounts of my current position or any of my historical business transactions - very tacky).

Hopefully there will be lots of kissing-and-making-up, taking-of-the-higher-road and hand-holding-Beatles-accompanied-making-of-the-love with each other after this. :D

~DT

Sorry for getting so diverted in this thread. :O My original strong objection was to the MISINFORMATION posted about the Wii's alleged incapability of DVD playback because of "damage" to the laser diode. I was both amused and annoyed by certain repsonses, and responded in turn. My bad.

I do want to reiterate that the Wii hardware CAN handle DVD playback. To the extent I posted 'credentials' here, it was to rebut the unsubstantiated information posted earlier. Beyond that, I retract all the other junk.

The Beatles still rock! :yesnod:

Sorry all....

I just got my Wii week ago, it seems that the only modchip I have to get is D2Ckey. I am thinking to get one. Any thought?
Thanks

Yes Tigerzh you should get one. You will enjoy the FULL potential of your wii. I am sure u wont regret it. Wii came and Wii Conquer!!!!!!!

I have almost all the good games on the wii also all Super nintendo, Sega, Nintendo 64 games on the WII.

Venom

Modding the Wii is a bad decision. Nintendo works regularly on restricting modded Wiis from working. I think it's funny, venom, how you believe Nintendo isn't capable of finding a solution to the Wii Key. As easily as you found the Wii Key so shall they. Once they take the time to analyze the mod and understand the software they can find a way to counterattack it. Most of the systems you mentioned modding weren't online as the Wii is. You shall be chagrinned when that day comes that your Wii is bricked. Work for what you get. Don't cheat the system. It may cost thousands of Jamaican dollars but the American dollars isn't equivalent to Jamaican money. You see, you would have to trade in 3547.36 Jamaican dollars for only 50.00 American dollars. By comparison a DVD player would cost somewhere around 110.00 American dollars. That is unfortunate.

I'm not modding my wii, I love my wii as it is and I'm not risking it by modding it. If I want to watch movies I'll watch movies on my dvd player or my xbox or my computer.

There is no point in modding a Wii for JUST DVD Playback because theres a higher risk of thw Wii being bricked, when loads of people have DVD Players, VHS/DVD Combi, TV/DVD Combi. For regular DVD Players, they're pretty cheap.

Back