Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

searching for 6 months and 11 days... I can't find one. But TRU is supposedly having a 10 day sell, the only problem is that im not sure if they got wiis yet but the flyers say yes but the canada tracker says no :p

ne idea when the next shipment for wii will come for target/ gamestop???

zip - 48312

this weekend hopfully:D

Well, I bombed out this weekend. Many stores were closed for Easter, so I thought I had a good chance today if I left early. 14 stores and 3 hours later, I came home empty handed. Obviously I need a better game plan. Any ideas?

New York area code: 11953

I checked iTracker and it said compusa had the wii, I called them and the manager said they had none in stock... Do you think she was lying or....

KMarts in my area all received small shipments yesterday. By small I mean 1 or 2 per store. I finally managed to get one last night at 9PM. Don't know if this helps, but most people seem to ignore KMart when talking about the Wii search.

Scott

joecool007333 said:
Anyone Know About Any Stores This Weekend??
Right now, CC, BB and EBGame/GameStop are your best bet. EBGame/GameStop have shipment every Wed/Thur/Fri (nothing on the weekend). CC/BB might hold stocks for the weekend but that depends on your local store policies. My local BB just stacks them up at the front door, first come first serve.

My advise, make a lot of phone calls and find out the store delivery hours, call them every day.

Last edited:
The Toys R Us(es) in the Baltimore area got a big shipment this weekend. Between 60 and 80.

SoCal Availability Update

In Orange County area, Target seems best bet. I'm waiting for BB to restock since I will be buying mine with gift cards.

At least in SoCal, overnight trucks arrive on Tuesday and Friday. With no ad this weekend, looks like Tuesday is gonna be the next good opportunity.

After talking my parents into getting me a Wii for a graduation present instead of a new computer :)smilewinkgrin:), I started researching how to find a wii - I'd done it a few times in the past, just teasing myself.

"Find Wii" into google, first link was to this post in this forum. I read the post, immediately tried Target Backdoor #2.

The Target in Bloomington-Normal Illinois, 30 minutes from me popped up. My sister goes to school there, so I'm familar with the area. I called the store, found out they had 3. Got in my car and started driving. They had 2 left when I got there.

I bought one Nintendo Wii, one extra nunchuck, Wii Play w/ extra remote, and Zelda, Twilight Princess.

Awesome. I owe this forum for helping me get a Wii, hours after I searched for one.

The only downside, they didn't have the component cable in stock so I thought I'd pop over to Best Buy. I promptly locked my keys in my car and had to forfeit pride and ask the CLOSED Best Buy to borrow a phonebook to call a locksmith (411 is inaudible on my cell). But the guy showed up early, and 65$ later I was on my way back to good 'ol Peoria, IL.

Now, I have to leave everything in the packaging for 2 weeks. Finals start next week, and I have a lot to finish before then. This will be hard.

So again, I was so impressed with the forum, I wanted to register and share my success story.

Thanks again! :D :D

Hi Sportyyyy,

Congratulation! I hope when people read your story, they will stop the urge to buy from eBay and getting ripped off by eBay sellers who are charging $400+ per system.

dchao said:
Hi Sportyyyy,

Congratulation! I hope when people read your story, they will stop the urge to buy from eBay and getting ripped off by eBay sellers who are charging $400+ per system.

Thanks! Yeah, I looked at the Ebay prices and said "No way in hell." I half considered buying the last available Wii and reselling it, but I felt dirty just thinking about it. 25-30$ profit isn't worth that feeling, but over 100$, I could put aside my ethics ;).

Back