Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

goober_nut said:
Can anyone help me find a WII in the 61820 area code? I've called every single store that would have a WII and the majority of them said they haven't seen one in at least 3 weeks. :frown2:

You are from Illinois, do you? In Chicago, Mon, Wed and Thu are the best days... Game Stop receives shipments. However, stand in the door 15 minutes before they open... or the wiis will be gone :ciappa:

Accurate Information?

Hey guys, 32607 Area Code here. I stumbled upon this site in my search and its very helpful. The DVD Talk Forum posted on page one lists that Wii's will be sold at Circuit City this Sunday 3/25/07. Here is the link

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=495553

Does anyone know how accurate this information typically is? If not do you know of a way to find out, perhaps stores Circuit City will post its weekly ad at some point Saturday night? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

I used the Target backdoor and found one about 45 min away from where I live. I called them up, and they told me they had none. I'm thinking they might be stocking them up for a Sunday release (at least Target).

Ivir, I called my local Circut City today, they said they don't have any Wii's in stock and they haven't seen any for about 3 weeks. They did tell me to call Saturday afternoon/evening (before they close) and they could tell me if they were expecting any.
I used to work at a grocery store and we got our ads in about 2 weeks in advance. I would trust the person who said they have the ad in their hand, hopefully another shipment of Wii's will be at Circuit City.
One other thing to mention, I stopped by Best Buy today (because I was told their truck came in last night, it didn't), a worker who saw me standing outside let me know that they weren't going to get any Wii's in due to the fact that they didn't order any. How can a store like Best Buy not have any Wii's on order? Sounds like stores are going to be selling again this Sunday.

Last edited:
Okay, I keep missing the Wii by a day or so at every store. My friend got one yesterday, and now hes rubbing it in my face! I really want one, but all the stores I call say they're sold out!!! Can someone help me out? Im in the 905 area code. Thats Canada, Ontario, in the Brampton, Oakville, Missisauga, Milton area. Thanks!

tnine, the best bet is to find a site that has a link to the Target store Wii locator, also there is a yahoo widget that you can put on your desktop that checks sites every few minutes and lets you know if it found one (and no it doesn't check ebay, only checks sites that would list it at a normal retail price)

Thanks for the link, but thats for US residents only. There arent any Targets in Canada. Im thinking of buying a Wii of of eBay/Craiglist because, unless I wait for the hype to die down (which wont be for awhile), I may never get a Wii! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Im really angry. As much as I want to camp out i front of BB/FS/TRU at 2-3 AM, I really just cant...

Well here's what I would do, if you want to purchase on ebay and not feel like you got ripped off. First take $250.00 (or however much they retail for in Canada) multiply by tax rate in your area (if you were to buy in a store today) add that amount to 250.00, find out how much shipping will cost and subtract that from the 250+tax amount. Make that your largest bid, you might not win any auction for a while, but you can at least say you didn't let someone make a nice profit off you because you couldn't wait. :smilewinkgrin:

goober_nut said:
Chicagoan, did you get yours this morning? If you did, lucky you. :)
No
January, 11th :D 12th I was moving to my new home... lol... It came in the car with me to the new home (the moving company could steal all my stuff, but no the wii :D)

Very true. In Canada, they retail for 279.99 before tax. After tax its about 321.00. I have no idea how much shipping will cost though. Hopefully I can find a seller nearby!

Circuit City WILL have Wii's this Sunday. Not only is it in their ad for Sunday, but, when I called earlier this week to talk to a manager at CC, they said, call us back Saturday afternoon/evening and we'll let you know how many we're planning on getting in on Sunday. And that was before I knew anything about the ad. They blindly confirmed it for me. The ad mentions a min of 10 per store. Tickets will be handed out an hour before store opening. Good luck to everyone who wants to get one and bad luck goes out to those who already have one and just want to sell theirs on ebay or another site for 1.5x+ the retail value!

Last edited:
Back