Food for thought.

~Marisa~

Ngiyabonga, my friend.
Jul 19, 2006
Washington
Here is my question to you all:

If a child is born with no senses what-so-ever; no touch, taste, hear, smell, see; would this child think or feel? If your answer is yes, what would the child feel or think about and how? :idea:

The child would not be able to think. He cannot think in words, because he does not have any. He cannot think in pictures, because he has not seen anything visually-wise that the brain can store. The child will feel emotions but he will be unable to express or think them. Physically, the child will feel nothing.

RedProdigy said:
The child would not be able to think. He cannot think in words, because he does not have any. He cannot think in pictures, because he has not seen anything visually-wise that the brain can store. The child will feel emotions but he will be unable to express or think them. Physically, the child will feel nothing.

I think thats spot on. The child could be hungry but not know what hunger is.

It would. But I highly doubt that it would be able to think of anything outside of it's own body.
Which would mean that the baby or person's brain wouldn't be able to expand and grow like a normal human being's would.

Back