Fox Fan Club

^Opinion
I personnaly replayed through it a lot.
Assault was the best multiplayer one.

It's time for a new StarFox game.

When Brawl comes out I'm gonna be fox most of the time..
Hes ''FINAL SMASH'' looks awesome.....
wooo can't wait..

GB-Nope
GBA-Nope
Famicom-Nope

Just messin'
Yeah, I hope so, I just dont want the stupidass sideways wiimote controll scheme. The Wii's tilt mechanism makes for some pretty ass games (Sonic gets screwed here)

I got Star Fox Adventures recently, it's pretty awesome. I'm enjoying it.
The dinosaurs are freaky though.

I got Star Fox Adventures recently, it's pretty awesome. I'm enjoying it.
The dinosaurs are freaky though.

As a Starfox game, not great. As an RPG, it's a lot of fun.

Anyways, Starfox is one of my favorite franchises...though I have to say...my favorite character was always..................Slippy *SHOT*

Yeah yeah, he gets annoying at times, but he's smart as hell and...I dunno, I just liked him.

Dont bring back old threads from the dead Kayota..we really need that auto thread lock..-__-.

Dont bring back old threads from the dead Kayota..we really need that auto thread lock..-__-.

Aw c'mon man, we weren't around when this was started. We wanna discuss it. At least we aren't spamming!

Also...CyanRussel would have loved this group ahahaha.

Aw c'mon man, we weren't around when this was started. We wanna discuss it. At least we aren't spamming!

Also...CyanRussel would have loved this group ahahaha.

I acutally know CyanRussel..me and him talk about wrestling, and fighting and stuff. But still..this is like a year old thread man you have to admit that..:/.

I admit it, it's old. But I wasn't around when it was made so why can't I add my two cents you know?

lol, my FIRST thread.

Anyone mind if I sneak in here?
Cool, Fox's Star fox thread? We'll give this a ago.

Starfox suffers from a bad case of genera displacement. It is, at its core, a rail shooter and seems to suffer when it detracts from that.
Going Back lets look at Starfox through the ages.

SNES - Starfox - What a masterpiece! What started as a tech demo, became nothing short of the finest 3d rail-shooter at the time. Sure, you could go into any decent arcade and play afterburner....and you should have, but why, when you can stay in your nice cold dark room....and use a boost to get through.

Starfox 2 -- What you say? there was no starfox 2. AH! But there was! While never released commercially, it set the tone for other FX game development, and even recycled the star wolf campaign into the 64 game. What makes this game notable is controlling multiple ships in an over map, something that wouldn't be touched on, until command.

N64- Starfox 64: The Lylat Wars -- IN some areas it had to take the other title for copy right issues. This is kind of interesting. Take the plot from the original. Take the plot from the sequel. Add it together, do a remake, and polish. That's what happened here. Rather than adding to the cannon, it rewrote the whole damned cannon. We can talk about game play till the cows come home on how good it is, Here's the bad. I HATED the multi player here. It wasn't good. Period. Not because I suck, rather, i can hold my own, but split screening a game like that looses everything. Save some disk space, make a few more levels.

GC -- Starfox Adventures -- Let me be the first to say, I pre-ordered this game, I was there when the UPS guy showed up with the box, I was there. I LOVE This game. What happened? Why the complaints? Rare does one thing right. They make AWESOME plat formers and kick ass shooters. So what would have been the adventures of Krystal Saber and Tricky, Saber got a bullet in the brain pan and starfox was stapled to the title. Secondly, it was a 64 game, that was upgraded to a gc game, so the textures are wonderful, but the polygons are sloppy at times. The original Rare Platforming furry zelda portions of the game GOLD...the star fox rail shooting? FAIL. Lastly the reemergence of andross (really?! Again?! Couldn't think of anything else?) set one of the worst final battles in terms of pacing. The game taught you the combat mechanics on foot, not the skills of their shooting mech, the result, an end fight you weren't ready for, and takes, far far too long.

Star Fox: Assault -- Are you ready for **** you aint prepared for? BOOM! Dark story line. Character Redesign. Bizarre pacing and design. It's motha fucxin starfox assault. The Hits: Way dark plot and story arch, universal Apocalypse. A truly awe inspiring foe. Great Soundtrack. Some KILLER Level designs.
The slops? Some Terrible level designs, To many, eh, you rember pigma, F-im. How about the general? F-im. Too many established character deaths. We didn't need to see that much blood to get a scale of the destruction of this game (personal opinion). Id'e rather have seen more minor characters, such as bill, go down hard. The TERRIBLE on foot control system....

AND now...
The DS
Starfox: Command --
Here is a game, I'm rather torn with. I love the return of style. I love the mixed combat, strategy elements. I DESPISE the plot of this game. Starting with fox alone in the world, falco left, again, slippy left, even Krystal left, I mean, personally, Unless it is validated in a future game. I personally Disregard this entire game as NON-CANNON. AND here is why. You know how many endings this game has? NINE. NINE RADICALLY DIFFERENT ENDINGS. Conversely, take chrono trigger for example, all the endings are functionally the same, only with further advancement of the plot.
However...Aside from the story, It is a good faithful game, But i give the control slops out of, It realy hurts to play the game seriously for more than even an hour...

Ending thoughts.
Adventures and Assault. Both did things right. Adventures did the on foot things right. Assault did the mixed medium controls (except the on foot areas) right.
Either give us an adventure game, or another rail shooter.
On that note...Im going to go play Assault again (the final level, fun as hell)

Back