Freehand Swordplay?

What's wrong with the AI opponents totally sucking? If I'm actually swinging the sword and getting used to it, I want them to suck. It's a whole new ballgame as opposed to punching buttons to do combo moves. The fact that you are the person controlling the sword is what makes it fun.

I can see LucasArts coming out with a simple lightsaber game where you are actually in control of the sword and it being a huge hit. They could just start you out battling those little floating robots that Luke starts out battling. Then you move on to blocking blaster fire and crap, then you do both at the same time, then you're on to actually fighting someone that is slow and work your way up from there. No, I don't think a game is going to turn you into some master swordsman (whatever they are called) but it could be really awesome. And something that would be worthless on PS3/360.

I'm picturing Battlefront 3 for the Wii and when you get to be a Jedi you do some major damage/or get totally blown away because your sword doesn't block automatically for you anymore. Either way it would be awesome. It would also be cool if you could swing the sword towards yourself and amputate your leg or something.

Back