***Game Review Thread***

AoWFraggit

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
Wii Online Code
8480-0209-2306-3955
so here's the dealio. this forum needs some user-created game reviews, and a thread like this would let everyone see just how helpful these can be! only rule when reviewing is to KEEP IT SHORT. i'll start:

Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2

Gameplay = 4/5
Graphics = 3/5
Controls = 5/5

Comments: Being the first online fps for the Wii, MOH:H2 is actually pretty solid. Controls are great, and include Wii Zapper functionality. Single player is short, but pretty fun. Nothing special though, it's pretty similar to any other WWII shooter campaign. Multiplayer is great! 6 maps to choose from and 3 game modes to mix up the gameplay. Plus, no friend codes! Only downside to the game are it's disappointing graphics. For some reason, the game looks pretty ugly when played online.

battle for the pacific review

well i have to say i under estimated it. its not terrible. the game itself has decent voiceovers. the best part about this game is that it has an insane amount of video footage from world war 2. like the back cover says the guns are modeled well. the trees are too, but everything else not so good.now the controls. its like the gun and the cursor have two differe sensitivities.

it makes you think that the person who made this was drunk or high. the cursor moves a lot faster than the actual gun. how the hell did they think we could kill like that. now heres the wierd part. you can use a knife or katana sword, but wierdly enough the sword uses the same cursor as the gun thus having the same problem.

the music...ah yes this would sadly be the highlight of the game. the music and sound is great in this game. makes you want to atleast turn on the game.
presentation-6
graphics-4.9
sound/music-8
gameplay-5.2
lasting appeal-2

final note. though this game doesnt deliver much, it has 12 really long missions. but what after that. ill tell you what. NOTHING. this game will last about 6-10 hours depending on how easily you can deal with the controls. i know you people are going to ask if it has local multiplayer. the answer is a big fat NO. you will probably hate most of this game unless you use the classic controller.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Gameplay-9/10
Graphics-7/10
Presentation-10/10
Lasting appeal-9/10
Overall-9/10

Unlike most rail shooters this game can keep you entertained for hours, especially is you're one of those people who feel like they have to collect everything. It's worth noting that the game isn't as fun without the zapper or some other third party gun shell.

Last edited:
GH3
GamePlay 8/10
Graphics 6/10
Controls 9/10
Online 8/10
Over all= 31/40
I think this was a great play.
Awesome controller, decent graphics and it's online mode is pretty awesome except I would suggest communication through online.

Reviews are great to have and all that.
But our admin is currently putting together a review section, and is accepting reviews submitted by users. However they need to be in depth, or more in depth than those there. But its a good start, and if you want to submit reviews just lengthen them a bit :thumbsup:

why not just pin this thread? =D

that way, users would be able to get the opinions of numerous other players and would get a more accurate picture of what a game is like.

Super Paper Mario

Super Paper Mario:

Gameplay: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10
Controls: 7/10
Sound: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Super Paper Mario is a brilliantly written game, where you play as Mario and his friends in a bizzare 2d realm where the fate of the universe rests in your hands. You will travel across a variety of unique enviroments, meeting many old characters like Mario's brother Luigi, and Princess Peach, and even Bowser. The key component of this game is the ability to "flip out", or switch into a 3d dimension to solve puzzles and avoid danger. This ability comes to life thoughtout the game, although it can become tedious at later levels. Controlling mario is a breeze, you tilt the controller sideways and play like an older controller, shaking the controller for style points, which add to your score. The game is creatively designed, with characters that come to life with unique personalities, and there is plenty of humor throughout the game, you might be running from giant enemies one moment and be laughing at Luigi the next. All in all, this is a great game, and is a great game to play if you've just bought a wii.

Wow is that too much? Sorry I'm new to the forums :cool:

Super Mario Galaxy

Gameplay: 10/10 (everything good all good)
Graphics 9/10 (i would giv it a 10 becuz they dont bother me but people
might disagree with me.)
Controls: 10/10 (controls used in a way where it still feels like mario games
Sound: 10/10 (greatest game soundtrack ever)
Overall: 10/10 greatest game on the wii in my opinion

This game definitly scores a 10 in my book with all the different galaxies each adding a new experience it really provides a good time and thats why we love mario games it did this in mario 64 and is doing it now on the wii. Great game it is definitly worth buying.

MySims:

Graphics-4/5
Gameplay-5/5
Controls-3/5
Overall-12/15

Good gameplay but needs better Controls.

My first review -
1. Super Paper Mario (doesn't get enough credit which it thoroughly deserves)

Gameplay - 9.5/10 - You will never be bored playing this game. Its a great rpg adventure game.
Graphics - 8.5/10 - although its paper mario, switchhing between 2d and 3d is graphically amazing considering how hard it would be to make the whole game in 2 and 3 dimensions (every single part of the game has 2 and 3 dimensions).
Sound - 8/10 - The music doesn't stand out perhaps like galaxy but its still fits the game well.

In general, the game is amazing. The story is great and although it has alot of text throughout the game, this text helps tie together elements of the storyline. I personally loved the gamecube one (thousand year door) and as a follow-up to that, this game had a tough job to live up to the title, and this has been achieved.This game is awesome and in general i give it a 9/10.

pokemon battle revoloution
controls 4/10
sound 8/10
graphics9/10
game play 3/10
overall 24/40
i dont recomend this game unless youre just a huge fan of pokemon

naruto clash of ninja
controls 5/10
sound 7/10
graphics 8/10
game play 7/10
overall 27/40
this is a ok game but it is 49.99 dollars so you should proboly save up for ssbb

wii sports
controls 9/10
sound 6/10
graphics 4/10
game play 8/10
overall 26/40
i expected a little bit more from wii sports i was kind of disapointed with it

Last edited by a moderator:
lordjunato ffs make better reviews and be more specific.
and Naruto Clash of Ninja wasn't that bad it was crappy but not 1/10 in overall
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Gameplay - 10/10
Graphics - 10/10 (I don't care what any one says, Zelda deserves a 10)
Presentation - 10/10
Lasting appeal - 10/10
Overall - 10/10
Superb gameplay ,great sword swinging action ,puzzle filled game. Even if you don't like Zelda you still have to give it a try you will be hooked to your TV 24/7 (at least I was ,played it as much as I could)
This game is A MUST HAVE!

Last edited:
XLaw said:
lordjunato ffs make better reviews and be more specific.
and Naruto Clash of Ninja wasn't that bad it was crappy but not 1/10 in overall
Gameplay - 10/10
Graphics - 10/10 (I don't care what any one says, Zelda deserves a 10)
Presentation - 10/10
Lasting appeal - 10/10
Overall - 10/10
This game is A MUST HAVE!

so writing 10/10 a bunch of times and writing that it is a must have without any details why is a good review or are you just angry at me because I am not a girl and like american tv shows

Back