GameSpot.com-Biased?

PersianCowboy

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Oklahoma City
Wii Online Code
6258-4013-0776-5311
It seems to me that Gamespot.com (The American version) appears to be very biased against the Wii. Has anyone else noticed this or agree?

Yeah I totally agree with you. The reviews for all the games average out to a mid 6. And then they go and rate all the VC games with 2's and 3's complaining that they have horrible graphics. Well they did come out in 1985...you know. The highest rating they have for the Wii is a 8.8 and thats Zelda. I mean I don't expect nothing but praise from the Wii, but come on. Rate a game for what it is, not graphics.

But I still dont know...maybe its just me.

Yea graphics are sumtimes important but for a cartoonish game it wouldnt matter

well x-play and gameinformer gave most wii games a good score. zelda got a 10 out of 10 and a 5 out of 5.

Gamespot sucks my Wii.
IGN isnt bad, but I feel 9.5 for Zelda was a bit weak.

Gamespot has a small wii and because of it they feel inferior, so they bash everything that comes across their desk with the name Wii on it.

xbandaidx said:
Gamespot has a small wii and because of it they feel inferior, so they bash everything that comes across their desk with the name Wii on it.

BURN! GAMESTOP BURN!

I enjoy there On the Spot show, but the reviews in general have gone way down.
Like the Gears of War review, they said how nice it looks, fair enough, although they went on about that aspect for 5 mins, but then for a brief 5 seconds or so said, the gameplay is a repetitive, but still, it looks nice.

I'll continue to use gamespot as it has great previews, great shows and is full of laughs, I'll just pay very little attention to there reviews though.

Personally I feel Gameinformer has the best reviews, the reason why I say that is because one day I decided to look at the reviews of all the games I owned and see if I agreed with Gameinformers review. I found that I agreed 100% with their reviews generally, so I usually put a lot of trust in their reviews because of that experience. However, they lack many wii reviews like other sites such as IGN has currently.

Gamespot is a bit lame, watching the video of the reviewers... well lets just say they can put me to sleep.

Back