Gay Marrige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh i dissaprove of this. Its ok if they are a couple. Its ok if they have sex and what not. But getting married is a completely differnt story. Marrige in my opinion is for a man and a women who are deaply in love or in other cases they have to get married because the man got the girl pregnant.
So it's okay for a man to marry a woman just because he got her pregnant, but not okay for two people of the same gender who are deeply in love?

How can they have sex?? Lol it's for like having origies, unless you count...
You're not limited to the front door, you know.

I still don't see a problem in it, DG. What harm can it do?

Well if that keeps happening, and more and more and more people turn gay the population has a possiblity of decreasing.They could always just put the sperm in a container and give it to the women..not the same. But, I relized its not my life so i really dont care what they do.

Well if that keeps happening, and more and more and more people turn gay the population has a possiblity of decreasing.They could always just put the sperm in a container and give it to the women..not the same. But, I relized its not my life so i really dont care what they do.
It's not a virus, DG~X, no one is going to turn gay just because same-sex marriage is legalised. Nor is it going to make any difference to the population (not that it would be a bad thing, the world is getting overpopulated anyway). Think about it- if you're gay, you're probably not going to concieve kids naturally anyway, so what difference does it make if you can marry or not?

It's not a virus, DG~X, no one is going to turn gay just because same-sex marriage is legalised. Nor is it going to make any difference to the population (not that it would be a bad thing, the world is getting overpopulated anyway). Think about it- if you're gay, you're probably not going to concieve kids naturally anyway, so what difference does it make if you can marry or not?

Little kids could get the impression that its ok. And thats the part that i dont like.

Little kids could get the impression that its ok. And thats the part that i dont like.
Just like video games? Example: COD? A fast-shooter game, yet we let little kids play that? I dun think they will turn gay just because it's okay.

Just like video games? Example: COD? A fast-shooter game, yet we let little kids play that? I dun think they will turn gay just because it's okay.

Ah thats a horrible example my friend. Have you heard about thte tony hawk game problem. There was a child killed by it because of it, there are people out there trying to act out grand ther auto games. Games make you go crazy at points to some people, people play video games for a whopping 17 hours straight.

Also, i guess im not against gay marrige, im against for them to adopt or have kids.

Ah thats a horrible example my friend. Have you heard about thte tony hawk game problem. There was a child killed by it because of it, there are people out there trying to act out grand ther auto games. Games make you go crazy at points to some people, people play video games for a whopping 17 hours straight.

Also, i guess im not against gay marrige, im against for them to adopt or have kids.

I wouldnt call that the games fault.... I would call said child stupid and have the parents listed as failures for not teaching their child the difference between fantasy and reality :p

Anyways, i dont see a problem with gay marriage. If two people are inn love, then there is no reason they shouldnt be allowed to get married. Marriage is, quite simply at its root, the bonding of love between two people. Doesnt say those people have to be opposite sex, or that they have to be able to conceive children.... Everyone deserves to be in love, I dont think just because you wanna be a hypocrite about it should take away from their happiness, DG.

So what if they get the impression that it's okay? Kids becoming more tolerant towards gays would be a good thing.

If you mean that it's going to turn kids gay, don't count on it. The evidence strongly suggests that homosexuality is genetic, and therefore not influenced by upbringing.

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess!

If I might intervene with the current "debate"... The Tony Hawk Ride murder case, detailed in the link below,
http://kokugamer.com/2010/01/04/murder-tony-hawk-ride-cited/
has nothing to do with the child learning anything negative from said video game. Tony Hawk Ride is free of violence, highly suggestive material, etc. To support this claim, the game is rated Everyone, or ages 10+. 1 year's difference shouldn't make such a drastic change in behavior as to spark an arguement to murder over. The murder was not the child's fault in any way, but rather, the failure of the parents letting their child plays video games with a gang member.

Point being, with what I stated above being the exact opposite reason of the murder, young children are obviously influenced by what they watch, play, hear, and the behavior of their friends and family. But, influence is not necesarrily a concrete change in a person's mental state and/or body chemistry. Just because a child (boy or girl) has homosexual parents, of the same or opposite gender of said child, doesn't mean they'l grow up to be gay.

Which then brings us to the off topic issue of, is being gay a choice, learned behavior, or inheritance? I'd try to stay away from whether or not married gays should have children or not, otherwise I guarentee this thread'l go off topic.

If you mean that it's going to turn kids gay, don't count on it. The evidence strongly suggests that homosexuality is genetic, and therefore not influenced by upbringing.

Either way, thank you for the above statement, Napalm.

Oh, and just for the sake of being on topic, I completely support gay marriage. See Storm's post above for a near replica of my thoughts and opinion on said topic.

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess!

If I might intervene with the current "debate"... The Tony Hawk Ride murder case, detailed in the link below,
http://kokugamer.com/2010/01/04/murder-tony-hawk-ride-cited/
has nothing to do with the child learning anything negative from said video game. Tony Hawk Ride is free of violence, highly suggestive material, etc. To support this claim, the game is rated Everyone, or ages 10+. 1 year's difference shouldn't make such a drastic change in behavior as to spark an arguement to murder over. The murder was not the child's fault in any way, but rather, the failure of the parents letting their child plays video games with a gang member.

Point being, with what I stated above being the exact opposite reason of the murder, young children are obviously influenced by what they watch, play, hear, and the behavior of their friends and family. But, influence is not necesarrily a concrete change in a person's mental state and/or body chemistry. Just because a child (boy or girl) has homosexual parents, of the same or opposite gender of said child, doesn't mean they'l grow up to be gay.

Which then brings us to the off topic issue of, is being gay a choice, learned behavior, or inheritance? I'd try to stay away from whether or not married gays should have children or not, otherwise I guarentee this thread'l go off topic.

Either way, thank you for the above statement, Napalm.

Oh, and just for the sake of being on topic, I completely support gay marriage. See Storm's post above for a near replica of my thoughts and opinion on said topic.

DG~X vs. Napalm - Must I decide? :D

So what if they get the impression that it's okay? Kids becoming more tolerant towards gays would be a good thing.

All of this is true. DG, tell me how more tolerance in our world is a bad thing?

Aha! CK and I agree once more! lol [/fail]

Anyways... As I stated earlier, I dont really care whether or not gays get married or not. It doesnt make it any different than if they are dating, they are simply making sure we are aware. Just like a boy fighting another boy over a girl, they are together bc they want to belong to eachother, and there is nothing wrong with that. As I stated on page 1, my girlfriends, well, fiance's bio dad is gay, and married to another guy. Idrc, hes one of the coolest people I have ever met. People need to stop being so damn discriminating and stop trying to rid the world of every damn thing they dont understand.... Ugh....

But, getting off topic. lol.

To recap, I see absolutely no problems with Gay marriage.

@ DG: Give me a logical reason that gays shouldnt be able to marry that is not based on religious beliefs or fear, and then we'll talk. :) :lol:

All of this is true. DG, tell me how more tolerance in our world is a bad thing?

the world is doomed to everything. jacked up healthcare, politics, war, teens going and having sex, babies, etc. so why not? let's let gay people be married. cant be worse than letting the people who murdered somebody free. hell, they are even getting rid of the death sentence, so now a ***** is gonna kill somebody just so he can have a roof over his head. (jail) so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back