General gameplay question.

SENSENMANN

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2011
UK at the moment
I'm relatively new to the new Goldeneye. I noticed that I really haven't seen anybody using mines, and I can't figure out how to throw flash grenades.

I know total n00b right.

Depends which controls you use, |I use the Wii Pro controller, and it's the button above the shoot button to throw them and a button to toggle between each item, ie flash grenade, normal grenade and smoke grenade.

Mines become available later in your career on GoldenEye. When you get them, depending on what type of controls you have, you'll be able to switch between mines and grenades. For now, if you are using the "Distraction" gadget, you can flip back and forth between two frags, two flash, and two smoke grenades.

Happy hunting.

I have a new Question

How Do You Host? I have been playing for a while but never host. In all game modes.
Is it a Wii setting?

I have a new Question

How Do You Host? I have been playing for a while but never host. In all game modes.
Is it a Wii setting?

If you're searching alone and it can't find an existing host, if your connection is good enough it'll make you host. The top of the screen will say "Waiting for 3 more player(s)..." and you're given the chance to vote for a map. The Interval counts down from 20 once you have 4 people in a lobby.

If you're not hosting, your connection might not be able to handle it or you might just be getting placed into games quickly.

I've also noticed that it won't make me a host if I'm searching with a party, but I'm not certain that's a blanket statement or just anecdotal experience.

If you're searching alone and it can't find an existing host, if your connection is good enough it'll make you host.

Not Here , When searching , all it does is search NEVER have I hosted...
I am on ATT DSL can't believe isn't good enough to host...

The top of the screen will say "Waiting for 3 more player(s)..." and you're given the chance to vote for a map. The Interval counts down from 20 once you have 4 people in a lobby.

I only see this when I get into another host's game.

If you're not hosting, your connection might not be able to handle it or you might just be getting placed into games quickly.

Again I am on DSL, and there is times it will search for a game for a long time But never host..

I've also noticed that it won't make me a host if I'm searching with a party, but I'm not certain that's a blanket statement or just anecdotal experience.[/QUOTE]

But you do get to host some times??

The hosting thing is a toss up....really. I have crap connection and it always makes me host so I lag really bad. I am constantly getting out and finding a game where I don't host. Then that person either host quits or quits after match and I repeat the process. Really annoying.

Basically if your names at the top you are host, luck of the draw you can't choose it.

The hosting thing is a toss up....really. I have crap connection and it always makes me host so I lag really bad. I am constantly getting out and finding a game where I don't host. Then that person either host quits or quits after match and I repeat the process. Really annoying.

Basically if your names at the top you are host, luck of the draw you can't choose it.

This is understandable, But I have a good connection and NEVER host tho..
I have never been on top so I have never hosted...
When i connect to a game it will search and search untill there is some one else hosting..
Again is there a setting on the WII to allow me to be the host?
Or am I just screwed. lol

I am pretty sure there is no setting to make you host. Like I said it's one of those things about this game that nobody in all the forums I go to can explain. Just screwed.

Thanks mang, yah I have not found 1 thing about this any where.

Just weird I have never been the host.. There are no setting's on the Wii ,I was just checking, I did turn off wii connect 24, still connected but still no host..

Oh well , thanks agian..

Ah, I didn't realize my time machine had effectively transported me back to the late 90's when DSL was an acceptable connection to the internet. I get 20/5 on my home connection, if you're not putting up bandwidth like that then it's no surprise you can't host a modern multiplayer game.

Check your speed here: http://speedtest.net/

Next time you're connecting, watch the messages it's popping up. One of them is "Testing Connection" so I'll go out on a limb here and presume that it's testing your connection. I haven't watched it with Wireshark or anything to confirm, but I'd imagine it's similar to the speedtest.net test.

Be mindful of the fact that if their 'testing' server is located far away from you, it might deem you a bad host despite great bandwidth otherwise. So a great speedtest.net result might not guarantee pulling host.
Yes, I'm forced to host regularly.

Just weird I have never been the host.. There are no setting's on the Wii ,I was just checking, I did turn off wii connect 24, still connected but still no host..
Wii Connect 24 controls if your console will connect to the internet while 'off' to update the weather, news, messages, etc. It has no effect on the Wii's behavior while on and in use. Why did you think that would matter?

Ah, I didn't realize my time machine had effectively transported me back to the late 90's when DSL was an acceptable connection to the internet. I get 20/5 on my home connection, if you're not putting up bandwidth like that then it's no surprise you can't host a modern multiplayer game.

Next time you're connecting, watch the messages it's popping up. One of them is "Testing Connection" so I'll go out on a limb here and presume that it's testing your connection. I haven't watched it with Wireshark or anything to confirm, but I'd imagine it's similar to the speedtest.net test.

Be mindful of the fact that if their 'testing' server is located far away from you, it might deem you a bad host despite great bandwidth otherwise. So a great speedtest.net result might not guarantee pulling host.

Wii Connect 24 controls if your console will connect to the internet while 'off' to update the weather, news, messages, etc. It has no effect on the Wii's behavior while on and in use. Why did you think that would matter?

so all this means i can never host?

so all this means i can never host?

It means you should go to speedtest.net (or any other bandwidth testing service) and see what your connection is. If it's above 20/5 and you're still not hosting, you may need to stop other traffic, i.e. someone watching Hulu in the next room might eat enough of your total upstream bandwidth to make you ineligible to host.

You can post your connection test results here if you'd like. With enough posters providing that and host/non-host it might let us see what the minimum is.

Back