Graphics

ilves

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2008
I wanna ask how are the graphics for Wii, are they good? Some say that graphics are rly down or Wii...

People who buy the Wii aren't looking for next-gen graphics. They are looking for fun.:yesnod:

But looking at Mario Galaxy, or Metroid Prime 3, I would say it does have good graphics. Just not like the 360 or ps3.

ilves said:
I wanna ask how are the graphics for Wii, are they good? Some say that graphics are rly down or Wii...

Dont listen to those wii haters....the wii has alot of hidden potinnel!
SMG and Brawl have the best wii graphics (I know Brawl isnt out yet)
I WANT BRAWL!:sick:

its better than ps2 and xbox but not as good as ps3 and xbox 360... kinda between gens on graphics but way above anything else on gameplay... "wiimote motion sensing" ill make it easy

graphics
ps2 < Gamecube < xbox < Wii < 360 = PS3

gameplay
gamecube=xbox=ps2=360 < ps3 "some motion control" < Wii "alot of motion control"

they all have there strong and weak points...

Last edited:
Better than last gen. So that would make Wii current gen wether you like it or not.

wezeles said:
its better than ps2 and xbox but not as good as ps3 and xbox 360... kinda between gens on graphics but way above anything else on gameplay... "wiimote motion sensing" ill make it easy

ps2 < Gamecube < xbox < Wii > 360 = PS3 graphics

gamecube=xbox=ps2=360 < ps3 "some motion control" < Wii alot of motion control gameplay

Actually their is an article about it on gamespot. The graphics are better than PS2/Gamecube but right beneath Xbox.

T3kNi9e said:
Actually their is an article about it on gamespot. The graphics are better than PS2/Gamecube but right beneath Xbox.

I'd think it was close but its hard to judge things like graphics unless its a large leap in tech.. based on game to game i doubt anyone could tell the differance between the two playing the same game.. Still technically at best its top level of Last Gen graphics... Id like to see how much they claim the xbox beats the wii by in graphics and how... its really hard to compare chip to chip when even they accell in specific areas...

But no one buys the wii for graphics anyways... Its all in the Gameplay that makes the Wii a good console

Last edited:
I think they are fine. I also own a PS3, and formerly a 360, and no, they are not equal to them, but then again, your talking 480P, if component, VS true HD.

Frankly, with as much fun as the Wii is, and with games like Zelda and SMG, it really doesn't matter. They look great all on their own, and the gameplay speaks for itself. (Also Metroid Prime 3 - looks amazing if you ask me all things considered).

Depends what type of t.v. you have too, if your still using a SDTV or an EDTV your not going ot notice much differance at all... colors might be a little sharper but they can only produce as good of a picture as your screen will allow...

wezeles said:

graphics
ps2 < Gamecube < xbox < Wii > 360 = PS3

gameplay
gamecube=xbox=ps2=360 < ps3 "some motion control" < Wii "alot of motion control"

they all have there strong and weak points...

You know, the capability of motion control doesn't necessarily mean a console has better gameplay. You certainly cannot argue that Chicken Shoot is a better game than Halo 3, because CS has motion control, can you?

Honestly, I'd still go with the 360 having better gameplay than the Wii...for now, at least. The reality is that the games are what determine the quality of a consoles gameplay. At this time, the Wii has very few good titles, almost none of which really use motion control much.

On a similar note, the motion control that has been thus far implemented in Wii games has been utterly disappointing. The vast majority of motions are just pretty darn much gimmicky waggles. Most could EASILY just be assigned to buttons and really aren't doing much that could be considered revolutionary. This should change; but how many more years must we wait?

Well just look at res evil chron... right now they are a little bit better than GC graphics yet if you look at SMG and brawl this is a pretty good upgrade for the price you pay for the system. The HD systems have lots of raw power thats already taped yet the GC never really got back to rogue squadron type visuals even in nintendo's camp. The next wave of games for the hardcore will keep pushing this. I mean if the PS2 can be pushed then I'm looking forward to what happens when some graphic wizard get a hold of this system.

Back