Graphics

lenitao3 said:
obviously they are good, something between ps2 and xbox360.....

Well, thats not exactly the case.

Considering Gamecube technically was better than Ps2 graphics wise, it just never got pushed to its potential. And the Wii is 1.5 - 2 times more powerful than the Gamecube was so Wii has the graphic jump over the Ps2 easily.

I would say its more in between the Xbox and Xbox 360 range, if I had to compare it to anything. Honestly, Wii has had some better looking games than what Xbox dished out in its time for the most part anyways. I read that article, but I still feel its stronger than any of the previous systems. Its just a lot weaker compared to this Gen.

But the Wii, to me has great graphics. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl have some of the best visuals for Wii right now. Thing is, Nintendo pushes the Wii to good limits in terms of visuals (Galaxy, Prime 3, Brawl), its the third party developers that need to step their game up. However, near the end of last year, those same third party developers have said they rushed their earlier works out, stating the Wii was not capable of much better. They then realized they were wrong, and promised to take their time and make it more rewarding for both sides in the end. So 2008 should be a good year in terms of games and how they look.

Just to reiterate, Wii has good graphics, along with some great games.
Purchasing a Wii would be a wise investment.

Atomheart said:
"im a xbox fanboy that wont get off my couch to play a game, specially if its not Halo"
Jesus come up with something better than that...

there are good and bad games on each system... dont just pick out one bad and one good and compare it like that matters...

They all offer different games and excell in different areas, if the games are the most important to you then look at the game list for each and decide which console

if the technology is more what your looking at you have to decide between graphics or gameplay on this Gen...None offer the best of both

Last edited:
PS2 graphics suck. The best graphics in PS2 was God of War and even that wasn't all that great. Developers just suck, the guy who made Rogue Squadron was talking about it. He said he was disappointed with developers job when it came to Wii games. SMG IMO is the only game that really pushed the Wii. Some people say MP3, but when I played that game, it looked alot like the other two, just a tad bit better.

As for the Wii controls being revolutionary, Atom is actually right. People acting like Wii is truely next-gen because of the motion controls, but in reality it isn't. Most games have yet to use the Wii controls productively. I liked what RE4 and MP3 did. But those are shooting games so its alot easier. But for the most part most things that doesnt have to do with pointing at the screen can be done with a simple shake of the hand. You dont even have to move it anywhere, just shake it in a certain direction for just about everything. After a while it becomes repetitive and its just like pressing a button, but instead you shake your hand. I dont care about motion controls other than the point and click. The actual game is what makes the gameplay good or not.

I bought the Wii for the graphics. My last console was an original NES. The graphics are a huge improvement! ;)

You really can't compare graphics to any other console, it pisses me off when people say, "Oh the Xbox's graphics PWN the Wii's"

They are totally different systems! And the graphics are DIFFERENT, not better.

Like, the Wii has huge graphic capabilities, just that only games like Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy take the most advantage of it.

You know what I hate. When people judge graphics by how "real" something looks. There are many things to take into account especially with fantasy type games with no link to reality. With graphics you should be looking at things like smooth edges, vibrant colours and good movement of characters and objects.

i just wanted to comment on the "original xbox has better graphics than wii". at the moment you can see that most games look the same as the original xbox, but its only the start for wii. if you look at the hardware, the wii runs in 480p, dvd graphics run in 420p and the original xbox was only i little higher than 420p. if you think that super mario galaxy is wii's limit, you are sadly mistaken.

I just said that because I read it in the article. Also the fact that ive still been buying old Xbox games (I never owned original Xbox) and the games still look better than Wii games. With the exception of SMG. SMG is the best looking Wii title.

Edit: Btw, orginal Xbox does run in 480p...

Does 420p even exist? Im not sure o_O I thought it was 480/720/1080

I know someone already mentioned it, but I want to reiterate an important point.

If you have a 50+ inch HDTV and you watch a lot of HD content, you may be somewhat underwhelmed by the graphics of the Wii.

If you have a 20-37 inch Standard Def TV, and have never watched any HD content then you will be impressed by the Wii graphics.

My 2 cents...

ilves said:
I wanna ask how are the graphics for Wii, are they good? Some say that graphics are rly down or Wii...

The graphics for wii will NOT compare to the PS3 or 360. But they get the job done.

Let me add that the game developers aren't puting thier best efforts into wii graphics, so they aren't as good as they could be if they were.

If you value high end graphics, that it is best for you to buy a PS3 or a 360 first and get a wii for Nintendo games.

T3kNi9e said:
I just said that because I read it in the article. Also the fact that ive still been buying old Xbox games (I never owned original Xbox) and the games still look better than Wii games. With the exception of SMG. SMG is the best looking Wii title.

Edit: Btw, orginal Xbox does run in 480p...

Does 420p even exist? Im not sure o_O I thought it was 480/720/1080

Yes, you are correct.

Last edited:
AtomicB said:
Well, with Factor 5 back, who knows. We could be getting some better-than-Xbox graphics very soon!

True, but as overall developers they suck unless its Rogue Squadron.

Other than Rogue Squadron their best game was Contra III.

Rogue Squadron II was good. Rogue Squadron III flopped.

Their latest game Lair was horrible.

Back