Grinding Wii Disk Drive

Atomheart said:
Send it in. The same thing happened to me, and I had my new Wii within 2 days of calling it in. It worked out great and didn't cost me a penny.

Really? 2 days? I sent mine off on this Monday past, and according to their web site they haven't even received it yet (even though UPS shows that it was received on Thursday). I'd be really interested in hearing how you were able to get your Wii sent and redelivered in two days time.

devitek said:
Really? 2 days? I sent mine off on this Monday past, and according to their web site they haven't even received it yet (even though UPS shows that it was received on Thursday). I'd be really interested in hearing how you were able to get your Wii sent and redelivered in two days time.

They sent my new one to me the day they called me. I didn't send my old one in until I got the new one two days later.

Also, occasional clicking sounds (such as when the disc is first loading at startup and occasionally throughout the game) are normal. The problem the OP (as well as I and others) have had is a constant grinding/buzzing sound from the disc drive. The disc drive is defective and needs to be replaced.

Back