Gun Ban Proposal

Second hand smoking and drunk driving? :/

Okay fine, create an island for idiots. Is that what you want?

I'd actually enjoy it to see them both being banned.

Okay fine, create an island for idiots. Is that what you want?

I'd actually enjoy it to see them both being banned.
Now you're crossing the line.
Those are my two favorite bad habbits of mine! :lol:

Okay. I want to use my machine gun for defending myself, everyone knows it's there. They must know I'm a good person, guns aren't intimidating at all. It's not like I'm hiding anything equally as dangerous but can conceal it.

Basically, if someone wanted to shoot me, I'd be dead. I wouldn't have any time to react or to defend myself. Plus, I doubt people would react that way if they were to defend themselves with guns, it's solely for image. They'd run crapping if someone started pointing a gun at them. I don't know how they'd access it on their person (I feel awesome for getting to use "on their person") if someone was pointing at them.

It's useless to hunt when you have the access of perfectly good food in the grocery store. I don't see any shortage of them.

Useless + harmful is not my piece of cake.

I guess I'll respond...

First, stop talking about assault weapons, they were banned, they will be again.

Second, if people wanted to shoot you, they'd probably have a good reason, considering the fact that if you owned a gun, a person would think twice about shooting you. Plus, you think this is just out in the open or something? It's not that someone's just going to walk up to you and pull out a gun and shoot you. That's like...inner city gang violence, not usual gun crimes. I'm thinking of the woman who gets raped who may have a chance if she had a .22 in her purse.

Third, when I can buy rabbit, or squirrel, or caribou, or venison, or moose, or bear, or <insert game animal that isn't cow, chicken, pig>, then maybe I'll agree with you. Plus, some hunters acknowledge that the butchering industry is quite disgusting, and hunting is much more humane.

Fourth, what about the entire sport of marksmanship? It's in the bloody Olympics. I quite enjoy a day at the range, trap, skeet, you name it, I probably love it.

I guess I'll respond...

First, stop talking about assault weapons, they were banned, they will be again.

Second, if people wanted to shoot you, they'd probably have a good reason, considering the fact that if you owned a gun, a person would think twice about shooting you. Plus, you think this is just out in the open or something? It's not that someone's just going to walk up to you and pull out a gun and shoot you. That's like...inner city gang violence, not usual gun crimes. I'm thinking of the woman who gets raped who may have a chance if she had a .22 in her purse.

Third, when I can buy rabbit, or squirrel, or caribou, or venison, or moose, or bear, or <insert game animal that isn't cow, chicken, pig>, then maybe I'll agree with you. Plus, some hunters acknowledge that the butchering industry is quite disgusting, and hunting is much more humane.

Fourth, what about the entire sport of marksmanship? It's in the bloody Olympics. I quite enjoy a day at the range, trap, skeet, you name it, I probably love it.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think there's any good reason to shoot a person. Plus, if I woman was getting raped I doubt that she would have the opportunity to get a gun out of her purse. If she did, I'm sure that the guy trying to rape her would be aware of this. Personally, if I was that sick in the head to rape, I'd just knock her out beforehand. I don't think having a gun gives someone the ability to see behind themselves, ne? There's other circumstances, but I think someone who is messed up is going to have more experience with guns, they'd think it through. I don't think we should put fear into the minds of people by teaching them how to use a gun. Hell, let's teach children so they can defend themselves against pedophiles!

The second point, farmers can have guns, and they should only be allowed to use guns. I think that everyone is against animal cruelty, and I think that the government would be aware of this. They'd choose the best method. If people were that interested in how "humanely" an animal was killed, then please, I direct you to vegetarianism.

Waterguns at the Olympics. Yah.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think there's any good reason to shoot a person. Plus, if I woman was getting raped I doubt that she would have the opportunity to get a gun out of her purse. If she did, I'm sure that the guy trying to rape her would be aware of this. Personally, if I was that sick in the head to rape, I'd just knock her out beforehand. I don't think having a gun gives someone the ability to see behind themselves, ne? There's other circumstances, but I think someone who is messed up is going to have more experience with guns, they'd think it through. I don't think we should put fear into the minds of people by teaching them how to use a gun. Hell, let's teach children so they can defend themselves against pedophiles!

The second point, farmers can have guns, and they should only be allowed to use guns. I think that everyone is against animal cruelty, and I think that the government would be aware of this. They'd choose the best method. If people were that interested in how "humanely" an animal was killed, then please, I direct ou to vegetarianism.

Waterguns at the Olympics. Yah.

Haha, thinking about how you'd rape someone.

Wait...law enforcement shouldn't have guns?

And trusting the government to choose the best methods. xD

watertortureDM_468x404.jpg

Where are you from, by the way?

I know you'd never go to a range to try. I notice that everyone against guns has never actually shot one, and 99% of the ones who has, hasn't shot anyone.

Precisely.

I was hoping for a better argument out of you, sir. :p

I don't think we should put fear into the minds of people by teaching them how to use a gun. Hell, let's teach children so they can defend themselves against pedophiles!
I was taught how to shoot when I was six. It's the kids that are told that "guns are bad and you should never ever use one ever" that are scared of them. And it's usually those kids that wind up shooting their friend or themselves because they've never held a gun, and they are curious about them, so they go in their parents closet and "play." A little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

I'd rather have the opinion of the woman than you.

And it's not an argument, it's a debate. (Arguments get locked around here for some reason...)

Your opinion of something quite obviously changes once you've been affected by it, I won't lie to you there. There's things like the death penality, which I'm also against, but I know if anyone killed anyone dear to me, I'd want them dead in a split second.

Dunno what use that was to you.

I was taught how to shoot when I was six. It's the kids that are told that "guns are bad and you should never ever use one ever" that are scared of them. And it's usually those kids that wind up shooting their friend or themselves because they've never held a gun, and they are curious about them, so they go in their parents closet and "play." A little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

Oh hell no. Kids are stupid. Leave it as that.

Agreed, but this argument doesn't work against the people who think that the parent shouldn't have a gun either.

And I'd say it's not only the parent's fault for not teaching them, it should have been in a safe, unloaded.

I'm fine with having strict aquisition laws, assault weapon bans, and course requirements, but most definitely not a widespread ban. And certainly not from the national government. There will be one state that allows them.

Your opinion of something quite obviously changes once you've been affected by it, I won't lie to you there. There's things like the death penality, which I'm also against, but I know if anyone killed anyone dear to me, I'd want them dead in a split second.

Dunno what use that was to you.

Well, perhaps after you shot a gun at a range, you may appreciate them more? Hell, archery even?

Oh hell no. Kids are stupid. Leave it as that.

Are you saying that since I learned to use a gun when I was 8, and I haven't successfully shot myself yet, I'm stupid?

This comment is confusing.

Back