Gun Ban Proposal

First you claim there are only "tens" of girls caught up in sex trafficking, now you question where rapes take place? I'm starting to wonder about you.

Starting? I thought that was ages ago.

I just thought that there are things to be taken care of before signing that. Not that it shouldn't have been signed at all.

And the fact still remains that 97% of abortions are not done to unwilling sex victims.

As for where rape takes place, I don't expect a woman to have the gun that close. If it was, it would fall under the child education caveat.

I should have said "Who gets raped in their house with their purse on them?"

Personal attacks aside, you do know you said you'd shoot them if you could.

Last edited:
My comparison has completely spiralled off into the wrong direction. Clearly, you're avoiding a good debate here, Adam. ;)

To the people who say that you wouldn't be able to get your gun quick enough in order to stop a person from killing you/raping you/etc...

You would be able to hear them trying to break into your house first... You would have time to get your gun. It's not likely someone is going to come flying through your window with a gun pointed directly at you.

To the people who say that you wouldn't be able to get your gun quick enough in order to stop a person from killing you/raping you/etc...

You would be able to hear them trying to break into your house first... You would have time to get your gun. It's not likely someone is going to come flying through your window with a gun pointed directly at you.

Plus there's other ways to take the burglar out without the use of a gun.

But usually just the fact that you have a gun and you found them breaking in will scare them away, but if they have guns and you don't have a gun you're usually screwed.

Firstly, I'm a pacifist (no crap) and I'd let them take whatever they want. I wouldn't be able to shoot a man just because he wants to take a TV. It's carrying around your own death penalty for petty theft. I have a damn large TV, he wouldn't be able to take that anyway. Everything in my house is pretty much insured against theft. I don't think burglars mean to kill people, they'll only do that put into the position of self defence. Now, if you get out of the way and lock your house properly, you can avoid that. I don't see any women locking up themselves while out.

Besides, there's going to be a large area in the house. I don't think someone is immediately going to come behind me and close my mouth like they can do in the rape situations. It's pretty much a lot easier to rape a stumbling drunk woman on the street than to work out someone else's security system.

Get dogs.

Firstly, I'm a pacifist (no crap) and I'd let them take whatever they want. I wouldn't be able to shoot a man just because he wants to take a TV. It's carrying around your own death penalty for petty theft. I have a damn large TV, he wouldn't be able to take that anyway. Everything in my house is pretty much insured against theft. I don't think burglars mean to kill people, they'll only do that put into the position of self defence. Now, if you get out of the way and lock your house properly, you can avoid that. I don't see any women locking up themselves while out.

Besides, there's going to be a large area in the house. I don't think someone is immediately going to come behind me and close my mouth like they can do in the rape situations. It's pretty much a lot easier to rape a stumbling drunk woman on the street than to work out someone else's security system.

Get dogs.

There really are people that do want to cause harm to people for no reason. Usually not in suburban neighborhoods but in the ghetto many people cause violence for the sake of violence.

I'm basically a pacifist but if someone tries to hurt me I will hurt them back.

But good call on the dogs, if someone hears dogs they'll most likely skip that house.

But usually just the fact that you have a gun and you found them breaking in will scare them away, but if they have guns and you don't have a gun you're usually screwed.

Not really, some will try and kill you anyway if you have a gun. You have full knowledge of the interior of your house, they don't, if you know where they are coming from then you'll likely have the advantage. You're only screwed without your gun if you're completely pitiful with any other means of self-defense and don't know how to disarm a burglar, that and if 5+ guys break into your house like a SWAT Squad and raid the place.

Not really, some will try and kill you anyway if you have a gun. You have full knowledge of the interior of your house, they don't, if you know where they are coming from then you'll likely have the advantage. You're only screwed without your gun if you're completely pitiful with any other means of self-defense and don't know how to disarm a burglar, that and if 5+ guys break into your house like a SWAT Squad and raid the place.

Well, many people aren't trained in self defense...

A criminal with a gun most likely has more experience in fighting than the person whose house he breaks into.

Well, many people aren't trained in self defense...

Yeah, I noticed the existence of guns help encourage people to not bother when they can simply pull a trigger and be done with it.

Chewy said:
A criminal with a gun most likely has more experience in fighting than the person whose house he breaks into.

Are you guessing now?

I know you're well trained in martial arts, but really... don't you think you're on a bit of a high horse saying that everyone should be Bruce Lee?

I know self defense and I'd still pick a gun first.

Back