Gun Ban Proposal

I know you're well trained in martial arts, but really... don't you think you're on a bit of a high horse saying that everyone should be Bruce Lee?

I know self defense and I'd still pick a gun first.

If someone was unarmed you'd still choose to shoot them? But humanely, in the leg, right? :/

I know you're well trained in martial arts, but really... don't you think you're on a bit of a high horse saying that everyone should be Bruce Lee?

If you'd still pick up a gun first, then you don't really know self defense.

I am a red-belt in karate, and self defense is about values- it isn't designed to kill, but to restrain.

I'm sorry, but if you'd rather permantely damage someone for life rather than constrain them using an honourable, skillful method, then that's your pregorative.

If you'd still pick up a gun first, then you don't really know self defense.

I am a red-belt in karate, and self defense is about values- it isn't designed to kill, but to restrain.

I'm sorry, but if you'd rather permantely damage someone for life rather than constrain them using an honourable, skillful method, then that's your pregorative.

Why does everyone presume that a gun is purely to kill? Feet, knees, thighs, hands, arms, all can be shot.

Personally, I'd probably be faster to grab my bo which is in my room, rather than get a gun which is downstairs.

Anyone busting into my place doesn't get honor from me. You're not one of those people who would give that guy who fell onto a knife money, are you?

MY ISSUE WITH GUNS IS SHOOTING FURRY ANIMALS AS A RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY.

Basically.

And people like the Virginia Tech shooter, and this man in LA who yesterday killed his wife, five kids and himself. Guns shouldn't get into the hands of that type of person, but there's simply no way to ensure it doesn't happen while you lot have the right to bear arms. I understand people wanting a gun for self defense. I don't care what anyone says. If someone breaks into my house, they lose their rights (in my eyes) as a human being by endangering me and my environment. I'll shoot them point blank in the head, put the gun down, call 911 and go get some lemonade. I don't give a ****. Why should I care about someone's well being when they've broken into my private living environment with criminal intent? I can't do it. Actually, before getting the glass of lemonade, I'd probably spit on them.

You're seriously going to start doing some kung-fu bullshit when someone has a gun? Lol, you earn the bullet inevitably coming to you in that case.

Last edited:
MY ISSUE WITH GUNS IS SHOOTING FURRY ANIMALS AS A RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY.

Basically.

And people like the Virginia Tech shooter, and this man in LA who yesterday killed his wife, five kids and himself. Guns shouldn't get into the hands of that type of person, but there's simply no way to ensure it doesn't happen while you lot have the right to bear arms. I understand people wanting a gun for self defense. I don't care what anyone says. If someone breaks into my house, they lose their rights (in my eyes) as a human being by endangering me and my environment. I'll shoot them point blank in the head, put the gun down, call 911 and go get some lemonade. I don't give a ****. Why should I care about someone's well being when they've broken into my private living environment with criminal intent? I can't do it. Actually, before getting the glass of lemonade, I'd probably spit on them.

You're seriously going to start doing some kung-fu bullshit when someone has a gun? Lol, you earn the bullet inevitably coming to you in that case.

Wait...so where do you actually stand? xD

I'm not saying that I don't care about school shootings and such...but I think that those are still fringe cases, and banning all guns as a result of them would be a misstep.

Also, you took a lot more piss out of them than I did. So :D to you.

Wait...so where do you actually stand? xD
That's a tougher question than I'd anticipated it would be, honestly.
I'm against shooting birds and animals for sport. That disgusts me more than I'm articulate enough to express. I'm against guns being easy to obtain, which they are, even in cases of mental illness. People would rather make a quick sale than go through administrative bullshit like proper background checks sometimes.

However, being a 5'3" scrawny girl who has proven to be susceptible to assholes, and who currently has absolutely no means of protecting herself, no father or uncle or brother or anything around...I fundamentally understand the desire to obtain a gun for self defense. I would if I could. And I wouldn't be afraid to use it to fatally wound someone who threatened my safety or my environment.

That's not really a definitive answer, but that's all I can really give.

What would this law actually do? Prevent average citizens from buying any guns whatsoever or just put severe restrictions in place?

That's a tougher question than I'd anticipated it would be, honestly.
I'm against shooting birds and animals for sport. That disgusts me more than I'm articulate enough to express. I'm against guns being easy to obtain, which they are, even in cases of mental illness. People would rather make a quick sale than go through administrative bullshit like proper background checks sometimes.

However, being a 5'3" scrawny girl who has proven to be susceptible to assholes, and who currently has absolutely no means of protecting herself, no father or uncle or brother or anything around...I fundamentally understand the desire to obtain a gun for self defense. I would if I could. And I wouldn't be afraid to use it to fatally wound someone who threatened my safety or my environment.

That's not really a definitive answer, but that's all I can really give.

I thought I was the shortest one here.

Anyway, I don't feel the need to protect myself with a gun being in the same situation as you. Nobody around here has a gun. I suppose the place is more controlled being an island though. Just because people think that everyone in Britain carries around a knife doesn't mean we actually do... No one does. The old people who were born in the 40's do, but no one else. I don't know of any females that do either. Knife crime is normally against someone in gangs. :/

But hunting is ridiculous. I've already said that many a time.

What would this law actually do? Prevent average citizens from buying any guns whatsoever or just put severe restrictions in place?

This law would only add restrictions on the guns you can own.

But the debate has kinda been more about overall gun bans.

Eh, that's no problem then. I'm generally not a fan of taking people's rights away, and usually I would take the stance that criminals can find guns and that gun bans only prohibit righteous people from defending themselves, but, being a gun noob, a gun is a gun, in my opinion. Does it really matter which gun you have? I'm pretty sure they're all up to the job.

.. that is not what I'm saying. You don't need to be a Bruce Lee to know how to properly disarm someone, and you don't need to be highly trained in martial-arts either.

I am not implying that people should act like some kung-fu master and try and do a fair battle with a well-armed burglar. That would be very stupid. All I'm saying, is that if you have some knowledge in disarming & self defense, then it atleast gives you a better chance for survival when a break-in takes place (especially if you don't own a gun, or can't escape through an open window).

The most logical advice would be to attack from behind, or around a corner (and no, I don't mean jumping out from around a corner and screaming like a jackass). Like I said, you have much more knowledge of your house's interior than the common burglar. Hell, use a knife if necessary.

It's pretty sad that people out there believe they're hopeless without a gun..

Last edited:
I thought I was the shortest one here.

Anyway, I don't feel the need to protect myself with a gun being in the same situation as you. Nobody around here has a gun. I suppose the place is more controlled being an island though. Just because people think that everyone in Britain carries around a knife doesn't mean we actually do... No one does. The old people who were born in the 40's do, but no one else. I don't know of any females that do either. Knife crime is normally against someone in gangs. :/

But hunting is ridiculous. I've already said that many a time.

Insert <gun> for <knife>...

Back