Gun Ban Proposal

Yeah...we live under much different circumstances. When I lived back home in Auckland, I was allowed to walk to school by myself at 8. My mom felt comfortable taking a nap at home alone with the door unlocked and windows open. Liverpool's gotta be way closer to that lifestyle than Toronto's.

Right now, I live in a building with 24 hour security and carded entry. Still paranoid. I'm moving into a house next month. I'm going to slowly drive myself insane.

Ahahahahahahah

We were on the bus and we got a rock through the window.

n661436995_1702759_1095.jpg

I just hope the banlist doesn't ban ordinary guns. 'Cause my dad took me to a shooting range and we took some shots at some paper targets. Aside from paying .20 per bullet, it was a lot of fun! 50 shots for 10 bucks. Crazyness!

I wanna go to a shooting range sometime soon. I've shot a .22 rifle and a 16 gauge shotgun but I've never shot a handgun.

If those guns do get banned I think that shooting ranges should still be allowed to have them.

^On that same note, how old do you have to be to go to a shooting range? I'm 17, so would I have to bring an adult or one of my parents with me? I've been meaning to go sometime so that I have a basic experience with a gun and it seems like now's the time, eh?

I wanna go to a shooting range sometime soon. I've shot a .22 rifle and a 16 gauge shotgun but I've never shot a handgun.

If those guns do get banned I think that shooting ranges should still be allowed to have them.
Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Ban guns in general, but keep designated shooting ranges open so gun nuts can still enjoy themselves and let off steam.

^On that same note, how old do you have to be to go to a shooting range? I'm 17, so would I have to bring an adult or one of my parents with me? I've been meaning to go sometime so that I have a basic experience with a gun and it seems like now's the time, eh?

It depends on your states law, but you generally have to have a parent with you until you are either 18 or 21.

Guns should be banned.

My take is hunting is not a sport, sorry but shooting animals isn't a trying task that only certain athletes can perform. Anyone can shoot animal for crying out loud.

And guns to protect your family? Lets get serious here, that only ends up bad. Either one of the parents goes nuts and holds their families hostage inside the house or the kid takes it to school and shoots his families. Leave protecting people to the cops etc. I say.

Guns should be banned.

My take is hunting is not a sport, sorry but shooting animals isn't a trying task that only certain athletes can perform. Anyone can shoot animal for crying out loud.

And guns to protect your family? Lets get serious here, that only ends up bad. Either one of the parents goes nuts and holds their families hostage inside the house or the kid takes it to school and shoots his families. Leave protecting people to the cops etc. I say.

I'd argue against you but I'd just be repeating myself...

But I'll put in a summary of my point for you: banning guns will not get rid of guns.

Guns should be banned.

And if you go swimming in the ocean you'll get bitten by a shark, and if you go outside in a storm you'll be struck by lightning, and if you kiss a girl, she'll get pregnant.

Guns should be banned.

My parents haven't taken me hostage, nor have I taken a gun to school and shot up the place.

But it happens frequently enough that something must be done.

You honestly think guns cause kids to hate all the students? Do you think it's the guns that cause a parent to take their family hostage? That's just bullcrap.

If you want to do something about it, go to the actual source, fund better counseling services at school, have parent tests before one is allowed to procreate. Maybe finding the source isn't as easy as simply taking away the guns, but it'd do a whole lot more good.

Actually, the shooters at Columbine used Doom to model their school, we should ban all videogames too.

Back