Halo For PC Help!

WuZeMu

I HAVE A WII!
Dec 17, 2006
Southampton
I know this is for pc but theres no pc forum and halo is for xbox too! So I go on PC halo but when i connect its find then i click get list or refesh and it says "an error has happend while trying to contact the Gamespy master sever" any help? i really wanna play halo online :(

ight, from memory (im not a comp person anymore) it will probably have to do something with your firewalls. if you got xp, follow these instructions
Control Panel>Security Center>(scroll down to Windows firewall)>Windows Firewall> Exceptions, then try to check off anything dealing with halo, gamespy, whatever. i avoid this problem by just turning off the windows firewall cause i have my own protector (norton)
hope i could help, if you have your own virus protector i suggest just turning off the windows firewall(if you cant and the servers still dont work, i suggest trouble shooting by turning it off for a limited time then seeing if it works)

when you say check of do you mean make it so it has a tick? : btw thanks it looks like its gonna work EDIT: it doesnt work. may it be to do with gamespy? the halo trial online works.

Heres a thought, dont waste your time with Halo. FEAR is the way to go.

WuZeMu said:
when you say check of do you mean make it so it has a tick? : btw thanks it looks like its gonna work EDIT: it doesnt work. may it be to do with gamespy? the halo trial online works.
idea! yah btw i dont like gamespy, shittyness if you ask me
look around gamespy for updates to halo, im sure thats the problem! i remember when i got blitzkrieg it took forever until i learned i needed to download a patch which they dont show you automatically (like valve who automatically downloads teh patch for you)

go here, http://www.gamespyarcade.com/games/ scroll down to halo and click it to see what ya get

Last edited:
Thanks!
EDIT: urgh! it says i need to join so i join then it says i need to subscribe for £10
which i'm not gonna do. help?

Last edited:
Inspire said:
Here's another - if you can't help the guy, then stfu.
lol, why are there so many people with nothing better to do than sit around and flame people. If the game is so good you had to mention it, then go ****ing play it instead of posting stupid remarks.

Back