Happy Groundhog Day USA (What strange holiday does your country have?)

gidget

. ☆ ☆ ☆ .
Dec 12, 2007
-= ohio, usa =-
Wii Online Code
9999-9999-9999-9999
Happy Groundhog Day (USA) -- pointless holiday?

Please be compelled to contribute what pointless holiday your country celebrates :)

Ontario canada has family day not pointless but not to much of a meaning.(as long as i can get a day off school:lol: )

Us Brits have stgeorges day
Not rly a holiday as we Brits are not allowed to ceribrate with a day off because it might not be fare to other countrys
Dont even know when it is with out usein the power of internets

we don't get a day off for groundhogs day...
i guess some small towns have a huge festival and a real groundhog to honor... i think they just want to make national newspaper headlines every year... :lol:

One of the dumbest days actually printed on U.S. calendars. Goofy ass movie though.

Join teh club
Damn it
I need to get a job or find somethin to do durin the day that costs nothin

Theres one thing us brits ceibrate and thats disapointment and losin at sports

wii maniac said:
Ontario canada has family day not pointless but not to much of a meaning.(as long as i can get a day off school:lol: )

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that as well.
I was like..Family Day?

No one at my house will be home on that day though, so its not much of a family day. Oh well, I get to run the house that day I guess.

Well Scotland has Robbie Burn's day in which we celebrate our most famous poet by eating his favourite meal - the mangled innards of a sheep wrapped up in a sheep's stomach a.k.a. Haggis!

Some adopted kids celebrate the day they arrived...that's utterly pointless in my opinion.

I knew a kid who had conception day...yeah...

Can't think of any wierd holidays, but when you're a kid on St Davids Day, you usually have to dress like this -

welsh_costume.jpg

surfinrach90 said:
Can't think of any wierd holidays, but when you're a kid on St Davids Day, you usually have to dress like this -
i think it's weird :lol::lol:

surfinrach90 said:

welsh_costume.jpg

Is that some sort of Valleys tradition? I've never dressed like that in my life, and I don't know anyone who has. Thankfully.

Back