Happy Groundhog Day USA (What strange holiday does your country have?)

:eek: Really?!?

Traditional Welsh costume dude! Hen Fenyw Fach Cidwely?

EVERY school I know has pictures taken on St Davids day and all the kids have to go to school like this.

surfinrach90 said:
:eek: Really?!?

Traditional Welsh costume dude! Hen Fenyw Fach Cidwely?

EVERY school I know has pictures taken on St Davids day and all the kids have to go to school like this.

Not like that in Cardiff. I've gone though more than one St. David's Day without knowing it. So much for Welsh patriotism. Heck, I don't even know what that Welsh sentence means. :yikes:

Hahah, some poem or something we had to learn

Hen fenyw fach Cydweli
Yn gwerthu losin du,
Yn rhifo deg am ddimai
Ond unarddeg i mi.
O dyna'r newydd gorau ddaeth i mi, i mi
Yn rhifo deg am ddimai
Ond unarddeg i mi.

Translates to Old woman of Kidwelly and soemthing about selling sweets =/

Groundhog Day. Something that was an idea concocted by boozed up farmers years ago in PA. Punxy (Punxetawney) is a town along near I-80 in PA. Not all that far from State College (Penn State for all you non-PA residents). Its about a couple of hours from me.
The day used to be a blast. Past few years they have toned it down. I was there a couple of years in a row back in the late 70's. Basically, was a big booze party. Drunken young adults would fall down the snow covered hill.
Kind of a pre-spring break party.

Lucky...

navarre said:
St George's Day. The time when the whole of England comes together to celebrate a fictional character destroy a dragon. As pointless as it is stupid, we don't ven get the day off.

You're against St. George's Day? I thought you'd be its biggest supporter.

Back