Help!:Any body else had this problem?

Wycky

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Australia
Im having problems with my Wiinet for about a week now.
I know my router setup and eveything is fine because it was working b4 and nothings changed.
I can Send and receive mail, my Weather channel works about 80% of the time, But Wii shop trys to connect and frezes every time, and the internet channels just say's "Can't establish a connection" and goes back to the wii menu. Im assuming its not a fault on my end, but is anyone else having these problems, especially in Australia?

Thanks guys.

you may have to reformat your memory in the settings menu if you do you will lose all your memory though

I am having the exact same problem. the internet channel worked for the past month and now it won't connect, and the shop channel is the same.

Do a connection test with in the setup and then try again. That might fix your problem.

i'm having the exact problem, weather and internet opera work about 80% of time but shop channel hasn't worked in about 2 weeks. i've triede doing connection tests, erasing and establishing a new connection but everytime the shop just freezes when trying to connect or right now its having a error code 209600 and says try again. Tried again but frooze again. Can anyone please help?

I am glad I am not the only one with the problem. I have tried everything except erasing the memory completely, which I don't want to do yet. I e-mailed nintendo about 5 days ago with detailed description. if I hear anything back I will post it.

I am glad also because I have been posting in the wrong threads about this and no one responds but now we're here and I have the same problem and that error comes out everytime I try to connect to the Wii Shop Channel...what should we do?

heres what i think, my shop channel works sometimes and other times it doesnt
i know for sure its not a problem with my internet, so it must be with nintendo
they're probably fixing the bugs as we speak

I too have suffered the indignity of having a working internet connection but zero access to wii shop. At least there's the weather channel. Which I couldn't get before by just turning on the news...

Does anyone know what the word is on this yet? I thought via process of elimination it was a Nintendo-end bug but if other folks have been actively shopping while I've been actively watching that little blue ring go around in circles ad nauseum then maybe I'm wrong?

I had a problem similar to this.... try resetting/unplugging your wireless router and erasing the connection settings on the Wii. Re-create the wireless connection on the Wii and see if it helps, it fixed my problems.

I did nothing...

I came home this evening, got on the wii (my mii parade now has a whole TWO people marching through it, go mii...) and thought I'd give it another shake. Apparently, complaining about it did something because, not having changed the set up at all since my last attempt, and not having updated any firmware or altered firewall settings... i got to the wii shop without any trouble!

Which turned out to be really bad news because I'd been reading VC reviews on ign all afternoon and just HAD to have the original Sonic, Super Mario 64 and original Zelda. Which, in case you're wondering, still RAWKS! I love that a decade and a half later I still remember where to bomb stuff to get heart pieces etc.

Anyhow, sorry I can't be of any help to anyone else with this problem, but my problem sort of solved itself.

ive heard that it could be from so many people at once trying to connect to the internet and using all the channels. in a couple weeks it should work. have u moved your router? maybe the connection is going bad. try uninstalling your router and then install again, i had to do that with my usb adapter.

I added another connection in the Wii Internet settings, and when I tried getting into the Wii shop channel it got to where it says: Connecting to the Service" but never got into it...neither did I get the error...oh well I guess that's a start

Back