Help me!! A wii is at stake!!

raisinghelen said:
Your edit made no difference to the fact that you were insulting to the OP.

Everybody is entitled to having their own favorite console, just because their view doesn't coincide with yours does not make them a moron.

If someone had the opportunity to get either a Ferrari or a '88 Toyota Camry and the person wanted the Camry because it had rims you'd call them a moron. This situation is no different.

GThwaite said:
Your a moron, take the PS3.

You can go on a rant about how the Wii is the "most innovative unit ever" but that's just not true. It added motion controls. That's it. The xbox360/ps3 added HD gaming, Blu-ray player (ps3), and the Cell processor (ps3). Motion sensing is a nice gimmick but hardly "THE BIGGEST THING TO HAPPEN TO GAMING!!!!". To the people who state that the Wii is selling like crazy: That's hardly a reason to buy a system. I work at best buy, the most computers I sell are the ones that are less than 400 dollars.. Is that because they're better? No, they're actually awful, but people want cheap things. And if you listen to the dude who said hot girls will want to play it is also a moron. You have to get them to your house first, and by that point you shouldn't have them in the living room playing games.

I've owned all 3 systems, sold two of them. Last man standing is the 360. Ps3 was mainly used as a blu-ray/dvd player cause there weren't many good games out. Now I'm kicking myself cause of Final Fantasy and MGS4. In my own opinion (note I said opinion) 360 is my favorite overall system. Good games and graphics.. Of course you did say you were 14 so you're probrably still worried about fitting in at your middle school so you probrably should get the Wii just to fit in with everyone else, which is probrably the main reason your buying it.
wow as much as this post starting off and ended edgy really good points are made within it..

btw people
since WHEN was: OMg its selling so hot

a freakin reason to buy a console? this should be on a personal bias, were not trying to sell stocks here were trying to persuade someones mind. fun-do or whatever that 70s crap was, sold awesome but once you owned it you realized it sucked! why on earth would you go out telling more people to buy it? you people need to break the nintendo drone mold, i admit i use to be a ninty drone and now when i look back on it i lol.

Last edited:
Lame argument!

My friend owns an Xbox 360. I enjoy it! Halo 3 is fun, but kind of old. Bioshock is brilliant!

But my primary console is a Wii. Why?

I don't enjoy it because it's 'the leading system'. I don't enjoy it because it's 'Nintendo'. I don't even enjoy it purely for its motion controls! I enjoy it because I like its games.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zack & Wiki, Super Smash Bros. Brawl! All those games appeal to me.

And I think it's a good list of titles through the first year of existence (excluding Smash Bros. Brawl)!

And not everyone considers mind matter exploding and blood flying in the air "Mature".

And when I want my dose of that, I just download the F.E.A.R. multi-player.

So how about you kids stop fighting over which of your shiny new toys is better, and but down your toy guns?!

OP, it looks like you're in quite the situation.

I suggest you get the PS3 (most expensive) and raise your own money to get yourself a Wii (least expensive). That way, you can experience both worlds.

GThwaite said:
If someone had the opportunity to get either a Ferrari or a '88 Toyota Camry and the person wanted the Camry because it had rims you'd call them a moron. This situation is no different.
Not if the '88 Camry was their dream car. My favorite is the '81 Datsun ZX Turbo and i would prefer that to a Ferrari, although if it was free i would take the Ferrari, sell it and then buy the Datsun. PS3's dont have such a great resale value though, in fact you would make more profit reselling a Wii.

I prefer the Wii to the PS3 because there is more that appeals to me on the Wii. Just because the PS3 is the more powerful machine doesn't mean that everyone should automatically buy it if given the choice.

Anyway i think we agreed that 360 was currently the best choice for games.

raisinghelen said:
Not if the '88 Camry was their dream car. My favorite is the '81 Datsun ZX Turbo and i would prefer that to a Ferrari, although if it was free i would take the Ferrari, sell it and then buy the Datsun. PS3's dont have such a great resale value though, in fact you would make more profit reselling a Wii.

I prefer the Wii to the PS3 because there is more that appeals to me on the Wii. Just because the PS3 is the more powerful machine doesn't mean that everyone should automatically buy it if given the choice.

Anyway i think we agreed that 360 was currently the best choice for games.

It appears you were flagged.. Sorry I can't accept your response.

This thread makes me wanno take the wii out and see whats new on it

i donthate the wii it just seems absurd to me that when people are talking about a console other then ps3 they always bash the ps3!

I mean i have been on several forums and they always bash the ps3

in my oppinion ps3 and (maybe) 360 are consoles which will revoulotionize (who knows) the gaming industry

dang i only came to this forum because i was bored on ps3forums (and my brother keeps playing SSHD on ps3) and this is what it get lol

dang i really should take my wii out and update it and whatnot

---------

off topic

whats new for wii lol

----

and sry for my bad grammar, to lazy to spell check

-----

im gonna go play warhawk for like 10-20 mins

AtomicB said:
Lame argument!

My friend owns an Xbox 360. I enjoy it! Halo 3 is fun, but kind of old. Bioshock is brilliant!

But my primary console is a Wii. Why?

I don't enjoy it because it's 'the leading system'. I don't enjoy it because it's 'Nintendo'. I don't even enjoy it purely for its motion controls! I enjoy it because I like its games.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zack & Wiki, Super Smash Bros. Brawl! All those games appeal to me.

And I think it's a good list of titles through the first year of existence (excluding Smash Bros. Brawl)!

And not everyone considers mind matter exploding and blood flying in the air "Mature".

And when I want my dose of that, I just download the F.E.A.R. multi-player.

So how about you kids stop fighting over which of your shiny new toys is better, and but down your toy guns?!

OP, it looks like you're in quite the situation.

I suggest you get the PS3 (most expensive) and raise your own money to get yourself a Wii (least expensive). That way, you can experience both worlds.
you're pretty young to be calling people in this thread kids.

Back