I am getting a 360 finally!

akubokawii

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2008
i decided to finally do it! I have questions though, which one should i get? What controller chargers will i need? Any cooling device needed? Is it worth it to get extra accesories? Also please give other advice as well! Thanks

Alright i will do. Is the gamertag thing like friend codes? I know it basically is , but will we both have to add each other? And is there an xbox or microsoft brand charger or just 3rd parties?

Alright i will do. Is the gamertag thing like friend codes? I know it basically is , but will we both have to add each other? And is there an xbox or microsoft brand charger or just 3rd parties?

play and charge kit-20 bucks and its microsoft. but if you want a 3rd party you can get away with 15 bucks.

also stay away from the coolers they do more harm than good. the older models (no longer in circulation) even caused the RROD faster. really, its a waste of money.

also def. go with the Pro model. arcade is garbage and elite is not worth it now that they have a 60gb model. the old pros were 20 and my HD is full.

also stay away from the coolers they do more harm than good. the older models (no longer in circulation) even caused the RROD faster. really, its a waste of money.
Maybe the coolers that were made for it, but if you have a notebook chill pad, it really helps keep air circulating when it's horizontal (which it almost always is).
It keeps my Xenon 360 almost completely cool to the touch when playing for a long time.
DSCF0040.jpg

It's definitely worth it to get the play n charge kit for $20 as it saves a lot on batteries. The other accessories (wireless headset, keyboard, wireless network adapter) are not needed. (You may need the network adapter, but it's usually cheaper to get a longer ethernet cable...)

FYI, you can create your Xbox Live account before you get your 360.
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/signup/GamerCard.aspx?Check=true

The Pro 60 gb is a good choice, if you can afford the Elite 120 gb then personally I would go that route.

Play and charge cable is $20, and rechargeable battery is $15. Would be my recommendations for accessories.

No cooling necessary, just keep it in an an open area, off carpet, and somewhere well ventilated. Sitting horizontally has worked best for mine, so that would also be a recommendation.

Back