I Did The Thinkable

zea

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
So, I went ahead and did it, and ordered a Wii from eBay. Ended paying $380, for just the console and it being overnighted, but I'm actually ok with that. I don't feel like camping out, waking up early, and wasting all my gas to try and find one of these..plus, the excitement of owning one is just too painful.

So it should be here tomorrow, and I just had one question for you guys. I'm not sure if it comes with the original receipt (even though it is factory sealed) and was wondering; if there is any problem with it, and I need to contact Nintendo for a replacement, do they need the original receipt, or is the UPC from the box good enough for them?

Thanks,

Stuart

zea said:
So, I went ahead and did it, and ordered a Wii from eBay. Ended paying $380, for just the console and it being overnighted, but I'm actually ok with that. I don't feel like camping out, waking up early, and wasting all my gas to try and find one of these..plus, the excitement of owning one is just too painful.

So it should be here tomorrow, and I just had one question for you guys. I'm not sure if it comes with the original receipt (even though it is factory sealed) and was wondering; if there is any problem with it, and I need to contact Nintendo for a replacement, do they need the original receipt, or is the UPC from the box good enough for them?

Thanks,

Stuart

can't you get the geezer to send the receipt?

From what i've read, Nintendo will need the serial numbers on the console not a prchase receipt, although im not 100% sure on that.

If it wasn't for the kind of person that sold you it you might have had a reasonably priced system. By buying a Wii you support them, and now the next generation will definitely be plagued by Ebayers. But to be honest if I had the same amount of money to spend on a Wii I'd have done the same. GG to you good sir.

I totally agree with all of you; I hate supporting the fact that some guy who pre-ordered a console, slept through the night in his warm house, and went in the morning to pick it up, spent two minutes to put on ebay, and made an instant almost $200 can get away with it, but it's the Wii people.

If Nintendo placed the price at $400, it would sell as well as it did. When they first announced the motion-sensing controls a while back, I was readily willing to pay at least $400.

So yeah, I know I got ripped off, but because of everyone just telling me how great it is, and my sneak peaks of watching my friends play it, I just needed one, and could "unfortunately" afford it at that price.

As for the "Geezer", I'm sure he could send me the receipt, and hope that he does. I emailed him, he just hasn't gotten back to me, but you guys think that Nintendo will just need the serial number? What kind of warranty does the Wii have then?

zea said:
As for the "Geezer", I'm sure he could send me the receipt, and hope that he does. I emailed him, he just hasn't gotten back to me, but you guys think that Nintendo will just need the serial number? What kind of warranty does the Wii have then?

They take down your credit card number and if you don't return the original console, they charge you $250USD.

Well just in case anything bad happens i got mine on ebay for 300 even and i got the reciept right next to me.

Awesome, I'll let you guys know how this all works out, including the Nintendo support. Thanks.

I did the same, i went to ebay. i win the bid it last thursday ... It came with zelda. I got it for a higher price then the oringal system ( ill just say less then 600) MY parents paid for the system and some extra and i paid for the rest. It was shipped today and being recieved WED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back