I dont understand how can graphics=fun?

If i wanted a media center, I would buy a computer. PS3.......cool? Hell yeah. Practical? ...............errrrrrrrrrr not really IMO

I could buy some sweet new parts for my already awesome computer and blow all of PS3's specs out of the water. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I would buy it is for MGS4 and Final fantasy xiii.

Deathmetalmaster said:
If i wanted a media center, I would buy a computer. PS3.......cool? Hell yeah. Practical? ...............errrrrrrrrrr not really IMO

I could buy some sweet new parts for my already awesome computer and blow all of PS3's specs out of the water. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I would buy it is for MGS4 and Final fantasy xiii.

True but computer gaming is never like console gaming... and could u get a BD-Rom for cheap no... so ps3 is very practical

MorningStar said:
True but computer gaming is never like console gaming... and could u get a BD-Rom for cheap no... so ps3 is very practical

this is very true. Console gaming is much different, and you are also correct that the blu ray drive would be uber expensive. however, I am not really concerned with blu ray capability to begin with. Clearer picture? Yes. Do I care? Not really. its all a matter of preference man. Particularly, the titles I named are the only ones I am really interested in. I KNOW that PS3 is going to have awesome games in the long run, but I am not exactly pressed on keeping updated with the newest games and technology on the market.

I like innovation, not upgrades, hence my already perfect multimedia tool: My PC.

yep i was just saying for a media pc u cannot match the Ps3s Blu Ray nor its feel of being a console in a game.. :)

Have you ever chainsawed someone in gears of war? Thats fun. Granted its a kind of short-ived-see-it-a-few-times-and-youre-no-longer-impressed fun but its still fun. You should never judge fun by how long it lasts.
Graphics that bring about great art style, thats fun. Why the hell do people look at paintings? its not like they move, they're just a pretty picture. Oh, because it art, and art can be fun.
While graphics certainly arent as much as a central part of the game as they used to be. you can hardly deny that 3d failed to bring any extra fun into gaming. These days we have the graphical power to do what we need with gaming and adding sweat really doesnt add that much to the experience. That said, the argument that graphics can never bring fun is a fundamentally flawed one that takes for granted the amount of graphics technology we enjoy today.

I don't understand how the Wii controllers = fun?

umm because it adds some realism
same goes with graphics

now it's cool to have some cartoony games here and there but still sharper images are just better

ZinGy said:
Are you blind? The PS3 is probably the cheapest of all the systems out right now. Your paying $600 for something that is worth at least $1000.
The last time i checked Blueray hadn't won the format war, and it's not like a want a bd player anyway so it's value is negligible. So what's left? A console that is inferior too the 360, but costs 200$ more. Yeah thats cheap :tard:

Last edited:
You can't say the Ps3 is worth $1000 because it plays Blu-Ray. A video game console's internal blu-ray player = completely different concept than a home entertainment system blu-ray player or a pc blu-ray player.

I agree 100% that graphics do not mean fun in the world of video games. I have been gaming since I was 8 years old (I am now almost 28) and to me great graphics do not always mean a fun game.

I bought a Wii a week after launch, thinking it would help deal with the cravings for wanting to get a PS3 and having to wait until Jan-March or whenever. About five minutes into playing Wii Sports, Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck or Zelda I realized that I was not going to be giving up this Wii Experience any time soon.

While I will undoubtedly still purchase a PS3 the next opportunity I have (as long as I only pay retail price) because I enjoy so many games from Sony and prefer a classic controller for games like Madden (my favorite game). I will continue to play and build the library of my Wii also, which we all understand is graphically inferior to the PS3, because the gameplay and the titles are amazing.

Good graphics and great gameplay are the staples of some of my favorite games of all time: Zelda OoT, God of War, Golden Eye, Street Fighter 2
Each had good/great graphics, but the gameplay was what set them apart from the rest.

Sorry for being so long winded, just thought an opinion from someone who will own and play both Wii and PS3 feels about the graphics=fun argument.

I don't really agree with the whole getting a ps3 for graphics and wii for gameplay.

When the ps3 is not top dawg when it comes to gaming graphics.

I think the thing ticking most people off isn't that we expected the wii to have the best graphics around, but that 5 or so years after the gamecube, you would think the games would look a lot better

just my opinion, im still getting a wii lol!

whitesnake said:
have u played splinter cell1 for xbox1? the gameplay is pretty good and the graphics are really nice, when the graphics are that nice u cant help but say wow, and it looks more realistic and draws you into the game i suppose, people can say the ps2 graphics aint as good as the gamecubes or xbox, but when u play sumthing like metal gear solid 2 you can tell there really using its potential, and its nice to have graphics and good gameplay, no one said u cant have both,:)
Who says that?

Well i understand i want my fun to not be short lived as i dont have money to burn 60+ dollars on a game just to have fun for a week after you stop drooling over the graphics just to figure out your playing a generic game with a facelift.... I will say this i have Gears of War its awesome game but i dont feel the graphics is what makes the whole game cuz now im done with drooling over the graphics that held my attention the first few days. But what kept me playing was the awesome cover system and the online play (although flawed). Not how much blood came out a guy when i chainsaw him or how many notches i can see on his armor or how much sweat is coming down his head...

my oppion is..who gives a fak about graphix (besides snes and down) its not the graphix, its the game play. i dont care if the graphix are bad, if its fun, i like it :D

Back