I dont understand how can graphics=fun?

man i never cared about graphics but like 20% of gamers,all of the ps3 fan boys and 40% of casuial gamers think"o that game looks like it has good graphics i dont care about any thing else it just looks good"..... i mean look at the nes snes and the n64 when they came out no one cared about graphics they playd because it was somthing new and it was fun..........and the wii graphics are perfect for me not to crapy not top of the line but fun and always on my mind

Last edited:
Graphics doesn't make a game fun. It just makes the game more interesting to play.....I don't know why some gamers so obsess with graphics. Not because a game has graphics doesn't mean it is goin to have a good story line, or good online play, or just plain multiplayer. If you look at it, the PS3 and 360 is like the same game. They share the same graphics.... Does it really matter if the guys in Nba live 07 sweat or not. It still wouldn't change the fact that the game is fun and you lost to your friend...... But because it has graphics, I can say, i beat you while my player was sweating.... When the Xbox came out, everyone was tripping out over the game, now compare the graphics to the 360 and the first Xbox, there is nothing to get all crazy over now hey....... 1080p isn't the highest they can do the game in..... but because it only has 1080p, we don't hear anybody saying make the PS3 look better. So you people stop tripping out over graphics..look at Halo, if Halo only had graphics and the regular game mode. Everyone would be complaining and saying it needs online play....So people just finding fault with the Wii and nothing man made is perfect

rdizzle said:
I gotta question here the for graphics junkies. How does a game looking good or bad effect how fun it is? I mean I could understand if the game wasnt even 3d or very hard on the eyes but... This crap whining about the graphics is dumb launch titles never use most of the systems potential.

I got nice computer i would like to say its not "top of the line " but i like to play CSS and when i play CSS i use configs that completely destory my graphics to really terrible point and im so used to it from my bad pc that graphics dont bother me anymore.

So to end this post im just saying asking why buy a wii to rag on the graphics?

Another argument i wanted to bring up was the fact that your basically playing the same games with a (expected) upgrade of natural graphics (ps3 fans) its the same old thing and we all stuck with it until we saw a new way to play games. I am for one hooked on the wii and even though great graphics is a plus it doesnt make the game ( my opinon).

so help me understand the graphics = fun opinon.

kthx
Because their pretty, in a way I feel like ill be missing out on great graphics, seeing gears of war is so awesome, graphics are like 40% of a game, i was wrong before, god damn blind fanboyism!

the graphics for the n64 and snes times where the best for there time thats why no one complained, graphics do play a role in future of video games, they have to get better, whats the point of bringing out new systems if they dont diffrent much from the other consoles? just gameplay? yeah the wii is a good idea but u will end up getting usta it and it will just feel like the old way with a controller, if people want great graphics they will get a ps3 or xbox360, and if they want a diffrent way of playing they will get a nintendo wii, but looking at games like motostorm and metal gear solid 4 make people want to buy them games, and metal gear solid 4 has always had good game play, so ur getting both, just buy what console u wanna buy, the nintendo wii does have good graphics, there was none of this in the nes days people bought the video games and had fun

whitesnake said:
the graphics for the n64 and snes times where the best for there time thats why no one complained, graphics do play a role in future of video games, they have to get better, whats the point of bringing out new systems if they dont diffrent much from the other consoles? just gameplay? yeah the wii is a good idea but u will end up getting usta it and it will just feel like the old way with a controller, if people want great graphics they will get a ps3 or xbox360, and if they want a diffrent way of playing they will get a nintendo wii, but looking at games like motostorm and metal gear solid 4 make people want to buy them games, and metal gear solid 4 has always had good game play, so ur getting both, just buy what console u wanna buy, the nintendo wii does have good graphics, there was none of this in the nes days people bought the video games and had fun

Actually Sega was always top of the pops. Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast.

Unfortunately Dreamcast was probably too far ahead of it's time. The online capabilities of it were awesome, unfortunately not many people had broadband then.

vagrant said:
Actually Sega was always top of the pops. Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast.

Unfortunately Dreamcast was probably too far ahead of it's time. The online capabilities of it were awesome, unfortunately not many people had broadband then.

The NES was the best old school system and now I can play it on my Wii with a Wiimote. Monkey ball for the Wii revolutionized the genre of rolling monkey balls. Reggie says that the Wii would be good and I believe him.

sega brought out a few good systems but most of them fdidnt do too well,the only one which really stands against test of time is the genesis, am suprised the gamecube didnt do well tho, coz its an great system

whitesnake said:
sega brought out a few good systems but most of them fdidnt do too well,the only one which really stands against test of time is the genesis, am suprised the gamecube didnt do well tho, coz its an great system

The Nintendo 64 had the best games of all time and I can play them through the Wiis virtual console. Rayman is finally fun on the Wii. You'd have to be retarded to believe otherwise.

MorningStar said:
True but computer gaming is never like console gaming... and could u get a BD-Rom for cheap no... so ps3 is very practical
eh.... which part is practical? When you can't even buy a PS3 with such short supply.... why do we need a Blu-Ray-rom yet?

First, we need a HDTV to start with 2ndly, you need to buy a complete new set of BR DVD 3rdly, it does only read not write. Remember how expensive DVD rom was and price has been on free fall after a year plus writer capability. For the amount you pay for the PS3, you can afford a much better graphic card in your PC. Oh by the way, if you have overheating issue in your PC, you can add more cooling inside, with the PS3, you can use it to fry EGG:thumbsup: (actually I read it from a news article :p)

Back