I dont understand! why is this game go so much hype around it?

Its basically a fans dream.

Seriously. The only things it hasn't got is a headset and the kitchen sink, and people still complain about not having the headset (not so much the kitchen sink though. That can stay out).

It's especially good for verterans of Nintendo, as they get an awesome mix of nostalgia (for example, the music, moves, characters, stages, trophies etc...), with newer stuff (like good graphics, modern features like online and stage creation) and even stuff outside of Nintendo. It's basically anything some people could want in a game. It promises to be bigger than Melee and that game was awesome.

SSBB will be an epic game. I'm not the type to go mad about any kind of game, but this one should be on everyone's list.

SensesFail said:
please tell me why everyone is so hyped. i can understand being excited but some people are rediculously over-excited. i've come to this realization after seeing a thread that was based on someone not knowing wich t.v. to buy for Brawl use only! Can you beleive that?! lol!

i am in no way flaming this game, but it's just an average game IMHO. it's completely beyond my comprehension. the halo 3 hype was understandable, halo/halo 2 were some of the greatest games ever,(not saying 3 lived up to hype tho) but was SSBM considered one of the greatest games ever? i havent heard that from anybody (except a few nintendo fanboys going, omgz halo suxorz! i love maro brawl!)

i'm not even trying to rant either, i'm just completely baffled by this. please dont get offended mario brawl fans, i just dont understand it lol

edit: this was my first time being in this subforum, some of the topics-geeze, you guys have covered every aspect of this game. why buy the game now that u know exactly what's in it/going to happen! lol, kidding of course.

Thank You! Finally someone has said it...

Everyone actin like a bunch of lil school girls ...and yea the guy with the t.v question that is umm strange yes..lol.

Yea its a great game and all but come on its nothin to soil ur pants about.

As a competitive smasher, SSBM is indeed my favorite game of all time. SSBB is the next step in its evolution, and I basically get to experience the thrills of discovering tactics all over again. ^_^

SensesFail said:
lol this is the type of thing im talking about.

though im beginning to come around (ok the game looks good, but not epic) but not enough for me to go out and get a wii again, besides no way would i have the same luck i had when i first got my wii (didnt have to look for it at all)

Ok, it seems to me that your a little angry because you've sold your wii... and because of this, you can't play brawl when it comes out. Now this is just from my point of view, because I want to play fable 2 when it arrives, but I need a 360. Understand?

Your inability to play the game makes you question the people who can. It will be a great game. The reason why people are so hyped, is because they've had such fond memories. They're ya go.

:tard: killil1991 bahahaahahaha 10 ten this is not a place were we judge peoples in phyckie (wouldnt know how to spell that word if my life depended on it)

woah you are saying this game wont be epic tsk tsk tsk... this game has and will overpass the epicness halo3 supplied to its fan boys...

because unlike halo 3, there are actually additions and new aspects to be excited about.

SensesFail said:
please tell me why everyone is so hyped. i can understand being excited but some people are rediculously over-excited. i've come to this realization after seeing a thread that was based on someone not knowing wich t.v. to buy for Brawl use only! Can you beleive that?! lol!

i am in no way flaming this game, but it's just an average game IMHO. it's completely beyond my comprehension. the halo 3 hype was understandable, halo/halo 2 were some of the greatest games ever,(not saying 3 lived up to hype tho) but was SSBM considered one of the greatest games ever? i havent heard that from anybody (except a few nintendo fanboys going, omgz halo suxorz! i love maro brawl!)

i'm not even trying to rant either, i'm just completely baffled by this. please dont get offended mario brawl fans, i just dont understand it lol

edit: this was my first time being in this subforum, some of the topics-geeze, you guys have covered every aspect of this game. why buy the game now that u know exactly what's in it/going to happen! lol, kidding of course.
actually, melee was considered one of the best games ever. plus, everyone on g4 loves it to death. go to gamestats.com and look in the wii section, and look at brawl's rating. then look at the 360 and ps3 ones. i think youll get wat im sayin. but yea, the site has brawl as the highest-rated game. its also the winner for most wanted. my point? its not only us fanboys who want the game. and wat do you mean you dont see what the big deal is?

1)online play
2)stage creator
3)SOLID SNAKE
4)SONIC (even though i didnt want him in, but oh well, a lot of people are excited about that. i mean, mario vs sonic for the first time. olympics dosent count since its not a fighting game lol)
5)Match recording
6) ZERO-SUIT SAMUS!!!!
7)Final smash attacks
8)snapshots
9)45+ characters
10) a bunch of new items (like assist trophies and the firecracker launcher)
11)very interactive stages. and now some things are evn destructable
12) AN ACTUAL STORY! (Subspace Emissary) i mean really, how awesome is that? Smash bros actually has a story? i know you've heard people saying "WTF is smash bros about?" and stuff like that, but brawl solves this problem with a deep aventure mode THAT HAS CO-OP

i mean really man, how can you not be excited about that? thats not even a full list of its awesomeness. i mean, brawl has everything from online play to widescreen support

oh yea, and Halo 3 did not live up to the hype. and do you know how many people have taken halo 3 back cause "its the same thing as halo 2" or "the story mode sux". and actually, if u go to ign and look at the reader reviews, you will see that most of the readers gave halo a 6 or 7/10. theres more 6/10s than there are 9s.

PLUS, IGN gave Mario Galaxy a higher score than Halo 3. see what I'm sayin? Something as simple as that beat the online shooter juggernaut with great physics and match recording and all of those fun glitches? And Brawl will surely surpass mario galaxy, no doubt about it.

samXcor3 said:
because unlike halo 3, there are actually additions and new aspects to be excited about.
exactly.

(dont get me wrong, Halo 3 pwns, its freakin awesome, but it just didnt live up to the hype)

Last edited:
killik119 said:
Ok, it seems to me that your a little angry because you've sold your wii... and because of this, you can't play brawl when it comes out.

Thats probably why he made this thread

lol at killik119 and Flamefury8, if you look at the thread i made when i was deciding to sell wii for PS3 i clearly state that "Brawl does not interest me" let me go find the quote, i shall return!

(killk119-after reading your entire post-flamefury8 hacked it up, didnt realize at first-i apologize for the following statement. but this still goes for flamefury8)
i am trying so hard not to flame you two and ruin my rep here but it's really testing me! lol. i didnt flame any mario fanboys like you two, so why do u have to flame me and accuse me of being jealous of your 250 dollar system when i myself chose to get rid of it for a 400 dollar system? clearly i wouldnt be jealous therefore your statement lacks any truth or common sense.

edit: actually i cant find where i put it, but this is in the original post of that thread

i cant think of anything coming out for Wii that interests me enough.

of course i would have considered brawl in this statement.

Last edited:
I really hope you're reading the legitimate responses instead of just critisizing the idiotic ones. Perhaps thats were your false accusations lie? The Brawl sub-forum is a breeding ground for noobs, get over it.

Back