i got mp: 3!!!!!!!!!!!

It may take me a month from start to finish because I have little time but when I do play a game I typically rip through it. So i suppose that this game won't take me 50 hours in game time to be. But I really do hope it's a long game. I'd like to get my 50 dollars worth, although if it is 50 hours long that's great because then were paying like a dollar an hour for some great gaming time.

wario2ooo said:
i say around 30 to 40 hours to beat the game....for completion....around 40 to 50 hours

Good point, there is a difference between beating the game, and completing the game. Beating the game would be quickly running through the bosses and extras, but completion would be unlocking everything the game has to offer.

FR. said:
Good point, there is a difference between beating the game, and completing the game. Beating the game would be quickly running through the bosses and extras, but completion would be unlocking everything the game has to offer.
yeah.....i seen people go through the game without scanning anything......part of completing the game is through scanning.....im going to be scanning like crazy when i get it :lol:

Scanning is actually sort of difficult to grasp in MP3, I play the game for about 15 minutes before I finally figured it out. Maybe one because I'm an idiot or two, it's just a bit confusing.

No it's good not to scan because you can't completely enjoy an action/shooting/adventure game without exploring and unlocking mostly everything. Scanning in a game like Metroid is a con for the game. Besides, most people aren't rushing to finish the game, just sit back and enjoy it.

I mean skimming through the game, not Samus scanning.

Last edited:
aint u suppose to hold the "-" button to scan?

lol....its an adventure game and FPS game..... so....ur finding out stuff by scanning AND shooting things away

Last edited:
It's weird, you have to press the "-" button and and then it brings up the scanner and then you have to look into a box to open the scanner and look at what you wanna look at and then scan with the numchuk, it ain't rocket science but I had some difficulty figureing it out at first.

I want this game. But i dont know if i can get it. I never played any of the Metroid games. So i dont want to be confused, yet for Zelda, i never played the other zelda games and i was fine. Also, i never even finished zelda, me and my friend got stuck and havent played zelda that much and im not good at it. So my question is. If i never played a Metroid game and couldnt even finish Zelda, would i like this? Zelda was fun, it was sometimes hard but enjoyable. Does metroid tell u what your mission is like Zelda? It doesnt bother me if i dont finish the games. Zelda i want too and hope too but would i enjoy Metroid while playing it?

Wiitime said:
I want this game. But i dont know if i can get it. I never played any of the Metroid games. So i dont want to be confused, yet for Zelda, i never played the other zelda games and i was fine. Also, i never even finished zelda, me and my friend got stuck and havent played zelda that much and im not good at it. So my question is. If i never played a Metroid game and couldnt even finish Zelda, would i like this? Zelda was fun, it was sometimes hard but enjoyable. Does metroid tell u what your mission is like Zelda? It doesnt bother me if i dont finish the games. Zelda i want too and hope too but would i enjoy Metroid while playing it?
You should be fine. It has basically the same enemies from the other two, but it is its own story too. You should be good. I don't think this game should be nearly as complicated as Zelda, story wise or gameplay wise with all the puzzles. So it's basically if you like shooters and a little puzzle action than you should be set.

Going straight to Gamestop in the morning to go pick it up and play it. Woo! Can't wait.

SIR YES SIR Lol.. I will pick this game up..... I cant resist, too many good reviews to avoid this game.... When i first got my wii, it came with zelda, which i didnt know if it was good, but read what people had to say about it and they were right and i love it... So i trust you guys.... Tomorrow i will pick up metroid... But, i have a gift card for walmart, but they might not get it for a while... not sure where i will get it, but i think im going to get it.

THANKS!

This is so unfair. Every time I click on 'New Posts' I see this thread in bold, and I don't want to come on it because it's bad enough when I remember that I can't have it for another 2 months, but hearing some of you talk about playing it and going to pick it up tomorrow is making it even worse! But I just can't help it because I want it so much! I've been particularly looking forward to this game as its the second next game on my 'to buy' list (after Fifa 08 - 28th September). I tend to look forward more to games that I'll be getting sooner (like this, although 2 months isn't soon enough!), rather than later (like Brawl - 2008 :(). So I'm really looking forward to this and I hate, hate it that all of you will be playing it within this week.

Is it true that you cant save the game until you get to a specific part? I was lookin up stuff on metroid and someone said. something like " i got to the part where i can save"... u cant save if u need to go somewhere? Please tell me i can save whenever i want... I hope so..

Wiitime said:
Is it true that you cant save the game until you get to a specific part? I was lookin up stuff on metroid and someone said. something like " i got to the part where i can save"... u cant save if u need to go somewhere? Please tell me i can save whenever i want... I hope so..

sorry but nope, there are "save stations" all around the game that you find and is the only place to save your game.

BUT! with this Metroid, there are checkpoints so you dont have to be at a save point, BUTTT with that...if you turn your wii off. you lose the checkpoint.

Back