I'd like to point your attention to Blizzard.com

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.blizzard.com/

Somethings coming soon.....Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, oh what can it be?

But I'm posting it here because I want to talk about how awesome it would be for whatever game Blizz has up their sleeves to come to the Wii. Maybe Nintendo can ditch this nonsensical B.S. about no 3rd party online, and we could have one hell of a cross platform online RTS.

It's most likely Starcraft 2, but well just have to wait. Blizzard is making an announcement of something 'big' at the World Wide Invitational in Korea on May 19. Six more days of prayer I guess.

tank said:
Maybe Nintendo can ditch this nonsensical B.S. about no 3rd party online, and we could have one hell of a cross platform online RTS.
Not to sound like a fanboy or anything, but the concept of Nintendo not wanting 3rd parties to go online is speculative ramblings of users. Third parties got their Online kits months ago, and are currently utilizing them (or at least some developers are...).

Personally, never really been interested in Blizzard, but I would welcome any developers that can bring in new interest to the Wii.

Squall7 said:
Not to sound like a fanboy or anything, but the concept of Nintendo not wanting 3rd parties to go online is speculative ramblings of users. Third parties got their Online kits months ago, and are currently utilizing them (or at least some developers are...).

Personally, never really been interested in Blizzard, but I would welcome any developers that can bring in new interest to the Wii.

Oh, really? From what I read, multiple sources said that 3rd party online was definitely a no-go for at least a year or so. But I'll take your word for it. You always seem to know what's goin' down.

Oh, P.S. Your sig is HYPNOTIZING. Everytime I see you post in a thread I have to click just to watch them dance. Something about it, i just.... can't..... turn.... away....

i bloody hope so! however there was a big problem with RTS onlines and MMORPGs that someone pointed out and it was something to do with the limited room on nintendos servers (i.e. because its free they were limited, there was talk of possible subscription fees if they had to be overhauled) sorry cant remember where i heard this but it made me worry cause the only reason im online with wii is cause its free :)

ahh good point Almo. Didn't really think of that. Well, regardless of whether or not it comes to Wii..... I'm excited as all hell for them to to announce SC2.

If it's Diablo 3, I'll still be pumped. But I want SC2 waaaaaaaay more. I mean, what ever happened to SC:Ghost?

i guess nintendo could just set up multiple servers like the way runescape did, this would limit the amount of people on one sever, can get really annoying when you cant find your mates cause theres 100+ servers and can sometimes limit you to your regional server because of server speeds, but imo its better to have it this way and free than to not have any MMO or RTS at all

As long as there is some kind of efficient communication system I'd be ok with that. You know how hard it would be to keep track of your friends all over the servers with just an onscreen keyboard.

yeah i guess if they come out with a keyboard and headsets itd be much easier, might not be so bad for those of us that use these forums (lol we can just con nintendo to set up a server just for wii chat members):p

Blizzard is pretty much all PC but it would be awesome to get a RTS on Wii it's perfect for it

3rd parties have had online devs for about 4 months but even Sonic took a year

i heard awhile ago that they registered the Diablo 3 name.....wether its true or not i'm not 100% sure. Either way if they announce another game it'll be slated for next year and come out either by 2015 or not at all.

Crovax said:
i heard awhile ago that they registered the Diablo 3 name.....wether its true or not i'm not 100% sure. Either way if they announce another game it'll be slated for next year and come out either by 2015 or not at all.

LAWLLLLLL

I think they said they had plans for a more innovative MMO too this could be it

I spoken to some folks who write code over at Blizzard. The feeling that I get from them is that they are hesitant to enter the game market. One reason being that Wow is doing extremely well. A second reason being that they view the console market as being very second rate in terms of the qualities of the games. Wow has constant improvements, update, and additions whereas console games generally do not because they do not have a paid monthly subscription to fun the cost of constantly updating a console game.

Back