Wii '07 Pre-Review.

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Here's is my list of 2007 Wii-Games.
Each has a screenshot and pre-review.

1. Prince of Persia Rival Swords - there was a set of screenshots for the Wii version released today and the graphics are finaly something I'd be happy with. All the others versions (differnt platforms) got impressive ratings so if this game masters the controlls it will no dought do well
934872_200612018_screen002.jpg

2. Metroid Prime 3 - the graphics are decent and according to the crowd at E3 the controlls are already awsome. This game will do well for sure but I'm hoping they can squeeze in some online-play. This game will go so far if it has good online-play.
928517_20060915_screen001.jpg

3. SSX Blur - the last set of these havn't been anything special but hopefully this can do well, like Tricky did. The Wii's controllers will deffintly enhance this game but the graphics won't. "Blur" pretty much sums it up.
SSX%20Blur.jpg

4. Battalion Wars 2 - being that I skipped Gamecube I can't give much input on this game. It seems like the first game was good but was lacking due to it being a good multi-player game, but having none. Battalion Wars 2 is going to have online-play and for some reason I can tell it's going to be good. The graphics are cartoony but of good quality. The controllers are another thing, it should be easy to plan the infantry controlls but the vehicle controllers leave me a bit nervous.
935183_20060823_screen001.jpg

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - like all Super Smash Bro's this is a sure hit, but to what extend we will see soon. The graphics are very impressive, there is no concern there. But then there's the controlls, so far it seems like they will be using gamecube controllers which will be a problem for many but they also say they will incorporate the Wii-Controlls somehow. I would hope they can use more then 1 controll layout but whatever route they choose it should be executed nicely. This game is all supposed to have online-play. With bad online-play this game will be a hit, with good online-play it will be a legendary game. Let's hope for the best.
928518_20061127_screen008.jpg

6. Super Mario Galaxy - alright graphics and just like like Metroid apparently the controlls worked great at E3, and E3 was while ago so it could be almost perfect by now. I'm not to sure on the space theme, but we'll see. Apparently it also has some type of co-op, if true that will help tons.
915692_20060914_screen001.jpg

7. Mario Party 8 - we don't have many good shots to look at being that 99% of MP8 screenshots are either distorted off-screen shots or incredibly small ones. But I can still make out what the game would look like, it will look slightly better than Super Mario Galexy. The controlls look promising, there's only so many buttons used per game, no way they'll mess this up. So we know the controlls and graphics should be good, that just leaves game-play. There's only been info spilled on about 8-10 games but they all seem just as good as any other Mario Party mini-games. This game will be just as much of a party as any other.
d9c63a6fc009f481af88890b8eefc39f.jpg

There's not many other games I see potential for.
a. Well, there is supposed to be a new Resident Evil next year but there's hardly any info and no media besides a fan-made trailor. If they can pretty much re-create Resident Evil 4's gameplay but enhance the graphics/controlls and finish the story line than they are golden.
Make sure to look out for this game.

b. I can't remember the names but one company is supposed to be releasing 2 derby-racing games. I'm unaware of weather they will have online-support but they will surely have multi-player. Almost every derby-racing game I played was neither amazing nor horrible, they ussualy seem to be slightly on the good side, but nothing special. Either way I will buy these depending on how the controlls work. Excite Truck is cool but there just isn't enough to it.

c. There should also be a few sports games as always, previded by EA sports.
So far the only confirmed game I've read about is "The Biggs" but the only media for it is a screenshot which they show when talking about the game on any console it's on. So we have no clue about the graphics. EA sports did a great job with Madden controlls so they will most likely pull off the same with all their controlls. Unlike Wii Baseball this game should make great use of both the Wii-Remote and the Nunchunk. There should also be Madden 08 which will hopefully be Madden 07 but with some graphic sterroids. Other then this there's not much to say about sports games. There's Mario Strikers but I hate soccer so no nothing about it.

Let me have some input on this and let's here what you guys have to say about '07

Last edited:
Hmm... Sadness?

I see an extreme amount of potential for that game alone. Nibris said it was going to be a AAA title, so they are putting everything they got into it. Not to mention its all graytone so the graphics should be amazing.

Great post btw.

I cannot wait for Mario Party 8.

The fact that the Wiimote can do so much will become a big advantage for games such as Mario Party 8... I simply can't wait :)... It might even bring some new methods of how to use the Wiimote to light; allowing more and more ideas to become known... I mean we all know the potential of the Wiimote is great; alot of things are still uncovered about what it can most likely pull off and this will most likely come to light in MP8.

Super Mario Galaxy is the second one I'm looking forward too... Any Mario game with colorful (they're all usually colorful) and bright graphics always makes me love the game - that alone. The gameplay looked immense in the trailers and previews I've seen... the fact that you can control Mario directly via the Wiimote (rather than using A to jump; you just swing the controller upwards) and a whole bunch of other things are added such as some weird warp thingy where you have to click targets in-sequence in order to gain height.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Banjo Kazooie or Mystical Ninja game to be announced :(.

Last edited:
xbandaidx said:
Hmm... Sadness?

I see an extreme amount of potential for that game alone. Nibris said it was going to be a AAA title, so they are putting everything they got into it. Not to mention its all graytone so the graphics should be amazing.

Great post btw.
Well when I read it's all black and white I just stopped.
I can't stand watching videos in black and white and I can't imagine playing a video-game for hours like that.

There's little info-spilled yet there's been a few posts in the pasts so I guess there's interest and it may do well but this game is already off my list.

Maybe I'll take your side when we get some game-play videos.

Thanks though

csiguy4u said:
Not saying this has been done. . .but it has.
just like your posts those topics don't tell you much. There was the preview made by ION but that was about it, and I've added differnt games and gave differnt descriptions so...

StevenNevets said:
I can't stand watching videos in black and white and I can't imagine playing a video-game for hours like that.

There's little info-spilled yet there's been a few posts in the pasts so I guess there's interest and it may do well but this game is already off my list.

Thanks though

Ahh, entirely understandable.

I grew up watching all those old black and white movies with my mom when I was young, so I guess I'm a bit used to it. Definitely looking forward to it.

ericlewis91 said:
where is wario wave?
isn't it already out?
I have no interest in that game either, not for one particular reason but it just doesn't seem to click for me at all. (pretty much everything seems a bit off)
Sense I can't point out specifics I won't say it's bad but I can't say I'm into it.

Just checked it on gamespot and it's not out in U.S. yet, maybe I'm mixing it up with another country

StevenNevets said:
isn't it already out?
I have no interest in that game either, not for one particular reason but it just doesn't seem to click for me at all. (pretty much everything seems a bit off)
Sense I can't point out specifics I won't say it's bad but I can't say I'm into it.

Just checked it on gamespot and it's not out in U.S. yet, maybe I'm mixing it up with another country

Japan has it out already.

StevenNevets said:

Here A little video from the looks of it, its gonna scare the **** out of a lot people
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abGodPYzUws[/MEDIA]

Why does everyone forget Disaster: Day of Crisis? It sounds awesome. Can't wait till more details come out on that and Sadness.

I love Black and White....I think largely due to the Twilight Zone ;)

Last edited:
WiiLink said:
Why does everyone forget Disaster: Day of Crisis? It sounds awesome. Can't wait till more details come out on that and Sadness.

I love Black and White....I think largely due to the Twilight Zone ;)

Damn, I totally forgot about that game. Sadly the game isn't being talked about a lot. It'll probably become one of them unsung classic games. I'm definitely getting that game when it comes out.

Of course it's not being talked about.
There's 1 picture of a cartoon guy with a gun.
A volcano erupting.
And a wave hitting a city.

Can't find any other media:shocked:

What's it about though? Crazy weather fanuminums (spelling:eek:uch)
And Sadness is about the Hallaocost?

Blazing Angels should be sick with the wiimote. And if they work out the online for 16 person dogfights, I don't think you can go wrong.

Back